Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm really hoping to see some features in the upcoming Emus and/or Plugins that function like some debugging tools...
For instance the option to view wireframe view
and also the ability to view the PSX VRAM (and to dump it to a Bitmap). I know that these featureas seemed strange for common emulators, but I'm just the kind of guy that likes to "study" PSX games to see how it is made...For instance you can get some nice 2D texturing hints from Final Fantasy (check the wireframe in Lewpy's Glide plugin and think about some Card's texture limitation, well that is if you are a programmer)...

Well, here is the list of fratures that I hope to see, (and I'm sure that most of it is very very easy to implement, I know a little OGL Programming) ::

1. Wireframe view (on top of the textured poly, like Lewpy's Textured/Wireframe mode)
2. Wireframe view Toggle (full wireframe, untextured ~ unlike the current Pete's Line mode/Lewpy's full wireframe)
3. PSX VRAM View
4. PSX VRAM Dump (to Bitmap)
5. Enable/Disable Transparancy/Transculency
6. Enable/Disable Texturing

Well, I thank the GPU plugin creators if that can be done, I know that in OpenGL most of the functions only cost 1/2 lines of code.
For the Textured and Wireframe view in OpenGL every polys must be drawn twice, once the normal poly then Disable texturing, set color to white and then draw the poly using GL_LINES

Thanks...

·
Registered
119 Posts
i think some of those features like debugging was in psemu pro but they stopped making it so... we'll just have to hope people won't stop updating their emulators with features like that,this is a huge factor since next generation consoles are coming out....

·
Registered
292 Posts
there are some debug plugin from Darko but they are useful mostly for plugin makers^^

fpse times ago had a debug/disasm function but since it could be another misleading stuff for the *HOLY* and *READY_TO_CRITICIZE* USER if was removed since the 0.09 release.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts