Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'd imagine to make a fully compatible, reversed engineered BIOS you'd need to head off to school, major in Computer Science (with emphasis on integrated circuits and machine language), find some technical docs on the PSX and get to work.

Assuming you meant where one could 'find' a PSX BIOS, be aware that we can't tell you as much. It's against the rules. Use Google and search a bit. It's not that hard.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
alternatively you could read the manual :p

Taken from the FAQ:

Q: How do I dump a PlayStation BIOS?
A: To dump a PlayStation BIOS, you need a GameShark or Action replay and a PC comms
link. To start, you need either a real Caetla module or go to altavista and search
for "Caetla" (it's a BIOS replacement for your module, so properly read the included
documentation before installing it!!). Now upload "Caetla", and use use the caetla
commands for downloading a binary memory image from the region 0x0bfc00000 -
0x0bfc7ffff! Now save the image as SCPHxxxx.bin, where xxxx is your PSX's model number,
and ePSXe will recognise it and use it from now on.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Why is it so hard for people to read documentations?

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
dunno 'bout that....sometimes the readme's just too vague or sometimes too technical for regular joes to understand.

S

·
0 Posts
"you need to download a bios"
isn't very technical ;)

unfortunately we can't tell you where to find ém.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Illegal is the distribution of the bios, and if a website is offering it for download, then the site is considered illegal. This forum does not want illegal links here.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
....but what if you have a 1001 PSX, but you have a 7502 bios? :p

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
one is PAL, the other is NTSC. so therefore, you should only have playstations the work with your tv thus it would be illegal for a US person with a 1001 psx having a 7502 BIOS image to play with.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
i hope you get the whole point now, Zell. :) btw, is it that hard to get a PAL-compatible TV in the US? Don't the used-TV stores carry it? :p

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
But you have to admit that is a bit stupid ! I got PSX , I payed for it so it's my user right to use emus with bios Even if they are PAL or US or Jap

·
Registered
313 Posts
Things would be nicer if epsxe didn't need psx bios, eh?? much like vgs or bleem (although probably that's because the emus are not free :confused: )
BTW i have what i think that are all the psx bios that exist : ;)
SCPH1000
SCPH1001
SCPH5000
SCPH5500
SCPH5502
SCPH7000
SCPH7001
SCPH7003
SCPH7502
DTLH3002

Correct me if am wrong, or delete this post if i am breaking some board rule...(my sincere apologies in that case)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I think there are some missing , but how cares ! And long time no see GEO , almost thoght you where a gonner !:evil: :evil: :evil: :innocent:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by GEO
Things would be nicer if epsxe didn't need psx bios, eh?? much like vgs or bleem (although probably that's because the emus are not free :confused: )
BTW i have what i think that are all the psx bios that exist : ;)
SCPH1000
SCPH1001
SCPH5000
SCPH5500
SCPH5502
SCPH7000
SCPH7001
SCPH7003
SCPH7502
DTLH3002

Correct me if am wrong, or delete this post if i am breaking some board rule...(my sincere apologies in that case)
I saw all those bios around somewhere on the net. But my question is : Is bios can make an emulator run faster¿

I hope to get an answer from one of you guys soon!

Cygoku!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.