Next Generation Emulation banner

psx bios

Tags
bios epsxe help
3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  ofernandofilo 
#1 ·
I have just recently discovered this Emulator and I literally have no idea what on earth it is that I am supposed to be doing to get this this to work nor have any idea where it is I'm meant to put that bios file in it's folder and like to asked just what the hell to do here.

thank you

#2 ·
Search for "How to set-up ePSXe on PC", minus the quotes, on your preferred search engine. There are quite a few tutorial videos made on the current stable release of ePSXe (2.05 I believe.) that will walk you through the entire process including some tips on how to set-up the settings after installation, some of them have even been as recent as this year. Good luck.

#3 ·
TL;DR: we cannot provide protected material to you.

then, I will be in charge of breaking the bad news.

BIOS or FIRMWARE as well as GAMES are contents protected by "Intellectual Property" (IP) laws. thus their disclosure is prohibited in most countries as well as in most forums. (including this forum)

emulators are usually legal (as far as the default state is that everything is allowed except what is expressly prohibited by law - since the Romans) and private copies of protected content (IP) too.

so what is expected is that you use GAMES, BIOS, FIRWMARES, SOFTWARE, etc, that you previously have and that you have backed up in a consistent way with the emulator you want to use.

please do some research on how to back up your own games etc.

after research if you have a lot of difficulty, ask us for help.

in the case of the PS1, I advise you to use the emulator called DuckStation.

for other consoles there are several other emulators available and please read the Emu Gen Wiki for more information.

Emu Gen Wiki is the best source of information about emulation that I know of.

unfortunately, getting started with emulation requires a lot of solitary reading and little help online. _o/

#5 ·
hello thank you for replying to my question.

I think i've gotten and getting somewhere with it now I downloaded the bios and put it where it was said to be put in the folder and the Wizard Guide configure went to how it was on the video here: then I followed the instructions on how to set it up from the thread here: ePSXe Plugin Guide (Windows) but have yet to test it out gonna leave it for awhile and then come back and try it out to see if it's finally going to work.

and thank you so very very much for all of the info and letting me come back and ask for help if I get stuck further with it.

Caleb. H

#9 ·
thank you to everyone here helping me out and lending a hand really do appreciate it, but I am having some issues with the faces on the characters as you can clearly see from these photos, anyone got any ideas on how to fix their faces so they don't look all out of place.

thank you
Plant Flowerpot Flooring Houseplant Building

Plant Flooring Building Houseplant Event

Houseplant Building Plant Flooring Event

#10 ·
please advise the emulator in use.

this looks like a GTE Hacks - Subpixel precission / PGXP problem to me.

I don't have conditions to test the game at the moment... but I would start testing these options. _o/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.