Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys i downloaded pSX 1.13.In the cards folder there is a txt file its named: put memcards here.I know i supposed to put my memory card file here.I opened the txt file it's says "romh was here".What does it mean?In folders i have 4 txt files total.1 says nothing,2 says "romh was here" and the last 1 says "dummy".Why?(sorry for my bad english)

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Seems to be some unspoken standard to put dummy files in empty directories.
Probably some lousy archivers in the past weren't making empty directories upon extracting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the txt files named to help you.In the cards folder the txt file named put_memcards_here.The problem is i can't access to the official pSX site.

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
As for "romh was here"... it was a joke pSX Author used that came from some forum/discussion site ages ago. I don't remember exactly where he said it was from though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe it's a reference to the old mascot of RomHacking.net, from even before the site became that and was know as the Whirlpool. It was a badly drawn dinossaur, a T-Rex if I remember right. I always thought it was quite a random reference.

Well, maybe I'm wrong though, I don't know what the pSX author ever said about that.

Edit: here he is:

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
I believe it's a reference to the old mascot of RomHacking.net, from even before the site became that and was know as the Whirlpool. It was a badly drawn dinossaur, a T-Rex if I remember right. I always thought it was quite a random reference.

Well, maybe I'm wrong though, I don't know what the pSX author ever said about that.

Edit: here he is:
Yes! You are exactly right, thank you. Can't believe I forgot that. That was exactly what he was referencing. Except that almost nobody got it... lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts