Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble with the Remotejoy driver (Remotejoy4ir, specifically). Windows is not recognizing it. The only thing I've been able to find on this is to disable digital signature checking, and it didn't work. The driver does however work on every other PC/laptop I've tried it on without need for any "fix". My laptop is more-or-less brand new and my OS is clean/genuine. The only difference between all te computers (aside from the obvious) is the OS. Mine has 7 Home Premium 64bit. I haven't been able to try on another computer with the same, so if anyone does have it working on 7 Home Premium 64bit, it'd be nice to at least know it should. It works fine on XP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium 64bit and 7 Pro 32bit.

Does anyone have any idea on what might work? I'd appreciate any help.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
The only thing I've been able to find on this is to disable digital signature checking, and it didn't work.
You mean where you press F8 just before Windows boots and you select that option?

Have you tried reinstalling the driver while digital signature checking is disabled?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
digital signature checking is more Nazi on Vista so if the driver works fine there without any sort of tweaking I can't see why you have a problem on 7.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I'm puzzled. It seems I'm the only one having this problem. I just need to figure this out and all my troubles will be solved (well, the current ones). I wish there was something I could try or at least an explaination...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone else has the problem I had, here's what I did.

First off, I'm using RemoteJoy4irs 3.5.1. I could not find a RemoteJoy for IRshell with a 64 bit driver included. That's right. If, like me, you didn't know there was even a 64 bit driver needed and never found one with any RemoteJoy4irs, feel free to download the 64 bit driver intended for standard RemoteJoy. Disabling digital driver signature check is needed, of course.

BTW The person with Home Premium I had tried on before and had no trouble I suspect has 32 bit. They said they had 64 bit, but I never even questioned it. Didn't have to disable digital driver check on their PC, so I'm sure they had 32 bit.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the driver must be test signed for it to work with driver signature checking disabled if it requires a filter or hid miniport.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I had to do was reboot, press F8, disable Digital driver check, and when I made the connection it worked. I'm not too sure on what you mean by "test signed" "filter" or "hid miniport". Could you elaborate?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I'm still not sure if what your saying is something to concern myself with. Are you perhaps speaking of the fact that it is back to not working (or not recognizing) when digital signature checking is back on (on normal boot)?

I saw something about creating a "certificate" for the driver or something. Anyone know anything about this process and/or if it would fix this? Or is this what you're driving at, Squall?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone else has the problem I had, here's what I did.

First off, I'm using RemoteJoy4irs 3.5.1. I could not find a RemoteJoy for IRshell with a 64 bit driver included. That's right. If, like me, you didn't know there was even a 64 bit driver needed and never found one with any RemoteJoy4irs, feel free to download the 64 bit driver intended for standard RemoteJoy. Disabling digital driver signature check is needed, of course.

BTW The person with Home Premium I had tried on before and had no trouble I suspect has 32 bit. They said they had 64 bit, but I never even questioned it. Didn't have to disable digital driver check on their PC, so I'm sure they had 32 bit.
What do you mean by the "standard RemoteJoy?" I mean are you talking about RemoteJoy Lite, if so then how do you use those drivers for remotejoy4irs? please reply to this ASAP because I really need these files as of right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts