Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
There is currently one emulator that has shown loading screens etc ... But not much else. Sadly none of the PCSX team are working on any PSP emulators ATM, There is a man developing a PSone emulator for the PSP, based on the PCSX source code, but I know that isn't what your looking for.

So, sorry, basic answer is no, and no.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
This does not belong in pcsx2 discussion. Moved to misc emulation.

·
EmuAddict-_-;;
2,853 Posts
I have google for this emu, only PSPE is exist currently and not a good one actually. Is it impossible to emulate PSP because of firmware upgrade regularly? PSP is a good gadget and I'm curious why PSP emulator coder didn't exist. Hopefully in future. Maybe this year, we'll see.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,398 Posts
firmware is firmware, but hardware is hardware, emulators don't ... emulate firmware but hardware so you would be able to run firmware and any other software :). Since it's new gadget, not to mention that it's made by Sony I'd like your eyes go up a little bit and see my prev post :)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I'm sure in the future it will be possible to just integrate firmware by simply downloading it off sony's website and going through a little wizard so you can use tha firmware. Just like it's that easy to choose bios in lets say psone and ps2 emulators.

KanedA is right. Just wait and be patient. I'm sure there is even more than one emulator under wraps right now. But in all honestly I rather be playing my psp on the go, that's what it's meant for.

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Can Psp emulate PSX? Probably not

Razor Blade said:
There is a man developing a PSone emulator for the PSP, based on the PCSX source code
Razor Blade I don't see how a PSX emulator would run good on PSP, I've tried the snes emulator snes9xtl for psp, And I Get massive framerate drops on some games, If A modern handheld can't emulate an old system such as snes at 60fps constantly, how would it emulate PSX at a constant framerate?:heh:

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
There's more to emulating a system than raw power. The biggest thing is that you need proper code to make it fast. DC can run certain PSX games just fine, but also has problems with SNES, simply because Bleemcast is a far more optimized emulator than DreamSnes.

It's not impossible, PSX might be harder than SNES to emulate on a PSP, but that doesn't mean we can't have psx emulation before proper snes emulation :)

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
5,631 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
i imagine it will take some time to get a solid emulator available to everyone, sadly there isn't really any good PSP games at the moment anyway, a shame using that peice of handheld power as a mini movie player, but there is a lot of good games on the way, even a FFVII Prequel!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.