Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave: Hello I Just Bought my very own psp last week along with metal gear Acid, Need For Speed Rivals And Twisted Metal Head on, and it rocks. This got me thinking and I want to ask these question in hopes you'll be able to provide me with an answer.

Is/Has/ or is there Currently an Official Sony PSP Emulator In development, And If there is how would you play it on your PC, Its not like Umd's can be put in any computer drive, and no one can make a umd drive to transfer umd's to pc, as I believe the UMD's and the umd drive itself are patented and copyrighted by sony, so how would you go about this with staying in the legal bounderies of the law? Would you like be able to transfer UMD's via Usb cable from Your PSP? this next question has nothing to do with emulation, Is there a way to transfer gamesaves from Psp to my pc, for added storage space? well if you can answer my questions Thanks alot, if not I'll understand, because the Psp Is still a very new handheld. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
how should I put this......: the PSP will be similar to the N64 and GBA, where all games will be provided by rom dumping groups who have specially made hardware to do game dumps. Don't get me tied into all the legal crap again, but in general, a PSP emulator will try and mimic to a real PSP as close as possible without using any methods or hardware patented by Sony.

Yes....Sony (and Nintendo and Microsoft) hate our guts ^^

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Also the PSP uses the same dev box as a PS2 (so I imagine the architecture is quite similar) which means that it will probably be almost as hard (if not as hard) as it is to emulate the PS2.;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
You know, I've done and downloaded somethings of questionable legality on a computer, so what has stopped someone from reverse eng. the *some game system* and spreding it over irc or bittorrent? Is it just not that easy to rev.eng.? Or would sony start stabbing people through their modem? Or are is there no longer any room for those who live a pirates life?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.