Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Engrish is the great!
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my brother's PSP off him, a 1003 model, with 10 games and 3 movies for £60 and a 1GB memory stick. Not too shabby, eh? ;)

Problem is, I love me my emulation and it's been over a year since I did research about the emulators on PSPs. I've tried to jog my memory, but now apparently most official firmwares can be changed? I remember a year ago, there was a strong perferance of downgrading to 1.50 before going custom firmware.

So the question I pose, what custom firmware do you recommend? I'd like to use PS1 emulators, and I realise this means I'll have to dump my discs into image files, but I'm sure there's a few guides on how to do that around the net. And I'm sure it's legal since they're the backups of the game copies I actually own, for usage by me alone. So in your recommendation, please take into account I'd like to use it for PS1 emulators, so what custom firmware is good for that? (Hence, me posting this thread in this section; it's equally about PS1-on-PSP emulators as it about custom firmware).

(And yes, I'm aware I'm going to need a bigger memory card... I'll get a new one some other time.)

P.S. WipEout Pure for £4 is a bargain I'll never forget, I love this game! :wub:

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
5.50 Prometheus-2 with POPSLoader plugin for PS1 games since it'll allow you to choose what version of the POPS prx files you want to use for PS1 emulation.

·
Engrish is the great!
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understood. Thanks! :D

I was also thinking, is there an app that would allow me to put my PSP games in my disk drive, dump them into image files, so I can store them on my mem stick? Solely so I don't have to worry about losing the games whilst taking my PSP out (and on holiday). Also means less to carry around, I guess. What firmware would be suitable for this idea?

It would also be legal, right? :p (My purchased copies being backed up for use by just me).

·
Registered
5 Posts

I was also thinking, is there an app that would allow me to put my PSP games in my disk drive, dump them into image files, so I can store them on my mem stick? Solely so I don't have to worry about losing the games whilst taking my PSP out (and on holiday). Also means less to carry around, I guess. What firmware would be suitable for this idea?

It would also be legal, right? :p (My purchased copies being backed up for use by just me).
same, 5.50 prom-2

·
Registered
73 Posts
5.50 Prometheus-2 with POPSLoader plugin for PS1 games since it'll allow you to choose what version of the POPS prx files you want to use for PS1 emulation.
5.00 m33 (w/ Prometheus 2) would do just the same.

You can simply open the VSH menu and set USB Device to UMD Disc. Then, connect through USB to a PC and copy the image.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts