Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
w00t PSP will be coming stateside march 24 launching with 20 games. Also the first one million units will come with a free copy of Spider-Man 2 (UMD duh?). And the unit will only be aviailable in a combo pack stated at $249.99.

Click here for more info and the stuff included in the combo pack.

Baah.. i dunno what to say, oO :( :???:

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
I will wait for the second generation, and if the square button is fixed! :???:

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutley true Reichfuher Sony hasnt said anything about the square button and it doesnt look like they are working on it. As they would have to pretty much re-do the interior design, they dont have enough time to do it, neither they are showing any willingness to correct the problem. So i would suggest put ur plans on purchasing a PSP on hold.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Reichfuher said:
I will wait for the second generation, and if the square button is fixed! :???:
i seem to be abit out dated. but maybe you can explain what are the issues with the square button?

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
God The Square button,The price... but but... A NEW TWISTED METAL... oh god.... OH GOD..... I'm not rich goddamnit but.. a new twisted metal... OH GOD *falls down unconscious*

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
LoRd_SnOw said:
i seem to be abit out dated. but maybe you can explain what are the issues with the square button?
Basically due to the psp design, the large lcd has forced sony to put the square button contact on the inside pcb off a little so it isnt perfectly aligned with the plastic button you press; thus making it unresponsive. Sony has said they are going to do nothing to fix the problem in the design as they will not make the LCD smaller(not even by 1px), or the psp any bigger.

·
^_^
622 Posts
Nevermore said:
God The Square button,The price... but but... A NEW TWISTED METAL... oh god.... OH GOD..... I'm not rich goddamnit but.. a new twisted metal... OH GOD *falls down unconscious*
lol

250$ is a bit too much. i was expecting it to be below 200$ :( does anyone know the price of the PSP (in US$) at the Japenese launch?

·
Registered
177 Posts
oh i see what you mean now. well now thats one downside to the PSP it self other than 90mins battery life. Hopefully someday when they reach.. say version 10 or somthing they might fix it. im guessing that this is a big vulnerability to many games that rely on the square button, very much on. though i doubt that sony or other game producing companies would not make there games very active with the square button for action such as motion attacks or for racing games such as breaks.

does anyone know the price of the PSP (in US$) at the Japenese launch?
i beleive its still $250 i just recently saw a commercial and on the news. As they were talking about the price it self.

·
I've Changed
298 Posts
Yes, the PSP retails for the equivalant of $185 (US Dollars) in Japan, but that is the only place you'll find it for that. I checked Lik Sang's site and they want $329 (US dollars) and that is just for the basic PSP without all goodies that the "Value Pack" includes. So if you want the PSP for the lowest price, right now, better order one from Japan or wait until the March 24th US launch date at $249 dollars (both lower than Lik Sang).
sx/amiga

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Don't import a Japanese PSP because you wanna save some cash. This means not all N/A games will work and UMD movies definately will not work unless you import those too from japan, and that means unless you can read Japanese, or undersatand it, you are totally out of luck.

The best thing to do is wait. Keep your panties on and wait. Sony will do a price drop within the first year or so guaranteed. I'm waiting. Yea I would love to have the PSP right away and show it off, but it's too expensive (yes I know Sony is loosing money blah blah) But too expensive to me at least. I have more important things to worry about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts