Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's the difference between black and white boxes?

(yes, I mean 1001k)

and

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL! Yes, of course but.. what's the difference ? They are both 1001k, aren't they ? Then... What's the difference ? I wonder.

·
Super Moderator
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
only possible differences could be the motherboard. but i can't be sure of that.
Yeah, perhaps. Where can I get those two identical info boxes?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
The original first-gen white box SKU was a PSP-1000 with a TA-079 board and firmware 1.50 (US release as the "Value Pack").

The original black box version was a "value model" SKU and was a PSP-1000 with a TA-079 board and it debuted with firmware 1.52. (US release as the "Core Pack"

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Most likely both would work with the Lumines exploit still, so I'd settle for either :heh:

·
Premium Member
5,284 Posts
As Bubbafat already said, it's the accessories:

Sony PSP Console
Headphones with Remote Control
Pouch and Wrist Strap
AC Adapter
Battery Pack
Demo Disk
Cleaning Cloth
32MB Memory Stick Duo

Sony PSP Console
AC Adapter
Battery Pack

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Isn't 32mb a bit small for a memory card?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
It's perfectly fine if you just use it for saving your game progress. PSP homebrew was virtually non-existent back then. Even so, it was insufficient for video storage, but that was OK because "all" you had to do was drop $200 on a 2GB Sony Memorystick Pro Duo.

Thank God Sandisk came to the rescue with cheaper (and significantly faster) alternatives to the Sony brand name products.:thumb:

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
It's quite retarded that you didn't get a USB cable with the basic versions yeah. I'm happy with my valuepack in retrospect, mostly because of the audio cable it got me, since now it's my primary mobile audio device.

I wanted to get the base pack, but at that point Sony was clearing stock and in 3 cities not a single PSP was available anymore. So I went back to the local store and got this value pack. Man I was so happy. I was even happier to hear that a week later they found the Lumines exploit :D

Seriously, I love this device, not necessarily for gaming, but as a general entertainment center. A shame that my Square button is going off now though.

·
Super Moderator
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey rockman, were you purchasing one of these new? and if so how much were you buying yours for?
No, I were purchasing one of these used and I were buying mine for 75 dollars at pawn.

·
troubleshooter
8,978 Posts
Actually I can't even say whether I have black or white cause mine is like a mixed version
I have the console
battery pack
charger
pouch
and thats all

no demo game, no mem stick, no earphone, no cleaning cloth :(

I had the buy 4gb mem stick extra and usb cable I had already

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.