Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

I have been writing a PSone emulator in JavaScript the last few years and have decided to publish it and maintain it a little more frequent.
You can find it on github here and youtube here. It has no support for memcards yet but I am working on that.

It runs SCARS, Crash Team Racing at full throttle, Please check it out and feel free to provide feedback.
It works only nice on Chrome.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Nobody say anything but about 150 people view here ? What a disgusting people! I want to say.. Good job and keep up the good work. You can do it.

Reactions: retakenroots

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody say anything but about 150 people view here ? What a disgusting people! I want to say.. Good job and keep up the good work. You can do it.
Thanks, I will keep updating the emulator and actually already did.
  1. Adjusted the recompiler to collect running metrics and optimized level 1 and level 2 jumps. Level-1 loops are blocks that branch to themselves and Level-2 loops are 2 blocks that branch to each other. This takes care of most of the performance increase as is explained here.
  2. Rewritten the root counters. They are more accurate now but single-shot and toggle mode are not yet implemented.
  3. Fixed a rendering bug, now a lot more game render correctly.
All in all most game loops run at 20-30% cpu (on my laptop) and 40-50% for movies.

So check it out again on my github page

1 - 3 of 3 Posts