Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i will post it again because i have the following problem:

- I wanto to use PSmplay to extract some files (music) from PlayStation games but..

- When i wanted to examine the cd it says : did you carry out assing CD-ROOM.... so

- I clicked on assign CD-ROOM drive, but there was no option I clicked on the arrow, but no option apeared, i manually introduced my drive name but it goes blank...and

- I heard that needed an ASPI layer, so i downloaded it. But the problem was still there, and i cant use PSmplay

Plzzz i really really need help, i have tested all PSmplay version and ASPI versions, but i just cant make PSmplay works, i need to solve this problem and I hope you can help me. Thx

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx....but

thx u very much, the program runs properly, but i still have a problem, it extracted all the movies, but not the songs, (final fantasy 8) and i dont want the movies, i want the songs, so can any one tell me how to extract the songs and music and if posible the sounds effects and kinda stuff plz???

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The media on a psx disc comes in two formats: media that can be streamed and media that can't. Media that can be streamed includes fmv's (movies) and audio tracks that are in xa or cdda format. Most psx music, however, is directly synthesized by the psx sound processor. In this case, you can just download the psf's from a place like zophar.net and use winamp to play them using Neil Corlett's highly experimental plugin. Go to http://www.neillcorlett.com/psf/ for more info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts