Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a PSmplay question, not a ePSXe one. Sorry, but I couldn't find a forum that would fit.

I'm, ah, relatively new at all this emu stuff. In fact, I only use emu programs to obtain multimedia (STR's, XA's) from games. I downloaded PSmplay the other week and set about converting my Resident Evil FMVs into AVIs (they are monstrously huge; good thing I've got a lot of memory).

Everything was going fine until I hit the finale FMV from Resident Evil 2, on Leon's disc. About halfway through the conversion process (actually, exactly at the 50% mark), the window disappears and PSmplay closes. I used Huffyuv v2.1.1 to convert, at varying qualities, but each time it stops at 50%. I think it's either a RAM (I've got all of 127MB) or CDROM quirk, because the file is monstrously, hideously huge.:dead:

What I would like to know from you guys is if there is any way to divide the AVIs in such a way that one STR can be converted into three, moderately huge AVIs. Does ePSXe do a better job in this respect?

Thanks,
[Oz]

·
Registered
251 Posts
i don't know if this applies to the original discs or not(since mine is *ahem* you know what) but i think the ending cg for re2 cannot be viewed or ripped properly by psmplay cos me too has been trying to play and ripped it of but it will always stuck at the part when they got out of the tunnel
haven't tried with other software though(like psxmc)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use the original [smirk] RE2 discs. I'm not sure if it's your CDs or not, gam3r, but my movie plays just fine. The only problem is in the conversion process.

I tried the other codecs too, and each time it froze at 50%. When I used DivX, windows told me Psmplay caused an error in PSMPLAY.EXE. Well, huh.

I use AVIs because I plan to edit the footage, and the least compression you do throughout editting, the better. But at this point I don't even care; I just want the stupid bizatch to give me my movie!:mg:

What does ePSXe do? Can I use that in the place of Psmplay?

·
Registered
251 Posts
if you have a real psx and some sort of tv-in port(be it on your graphic card or video capture card) you can easily rip off the movies

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried dat. Annoyed by VHS. Want digital! Want digital!:(

I'll probably just look for some other ripping programs out there. Other than that one FMV, Psmplay pretty much did its job.

The things I do to make music videos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts