Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was just wandering over the download section of Psxemu where I came to the section of PSemu Pro.There it was written that this project has been stopped.I was really really shocked because that eu was progressing very well,not compared to the progress of epsxe,but was going very well.It was alos written that this project was stopped becuase of the leaked beta.I just wanted to ask that,if the beta was leaked then why this project was destroyed so badly.
Does it really matters if the beta is leaked

·
Registered
14 Posts
PSEmu Pro has been gone for a looong time.

As for the leaked beta, simple: The authors do it on their own time, and if it pisses them off, they have every right to just stop.

Now, you might not agree with the reason they stopped the project, but that won't change the fact it did get canceled.

S

·
0 Posts
There is a little more to it than that. They were betrayed by a friend and beta tester they thought they could trust. This person took it upon himself to leak (release) the beta before the authors were ready to have it released. In short, he betrayed their trust and friendship.:mad: This so angered and disgusted them that they quit and dropped the whole project.:(
But there is a good side to all this. Duddie, one of the authors of PSEMU PRO, was asked for and gave his permission so that the plugin system could be used for other emulators.:D You see, it was PSEMU Pro that first used the plugin system and the plugin system idea was originally Duddies and Trataxs (the two PSEMU PRO authors). So we have them to thank for the great plugin system we have today. Unfortuneately, PSEMU PRO is dead and is not coming back:( . Just as Malak said.
sincerely,
sx/amgia

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, thanks to Duddie and Tratax and their plugin system.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Of that I have no doubt. It would be the best, followed right behind by ePSXe, which IMHO is the best PSX emulator right now.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 7 of 7 Posts