Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking while playing PSX games on ePSXe and looking and my GBA. What if Sony released a new PS that enhanced the graphics? Would it be possible? Would you buy it?

·
Registered
680 Posts
--
What if Sony released a new PS that enhanced the graphics? Would it be possible? Would you buy it?
--

They already Have PS2 - better graphics that PSX

If you talking about Handheld Games, well, NoBody at the moment can produce anything better than GBA - Nintendo Owns the Handheld Games world.

S

·
0 Posts
If Sony released a PSX w/enhanced graphics, and why would they when the PS 2 already does a good job w/PSX games, I don't think to many people would purchse it. After all, if you want the best of both worlds, buy a PS 2. You get PS 2 games, DVDs, and original PSX games that look much better than they originally did.
If you don't want a PS 2, there are those who don't, and have a PC, a great many people do, then you can have your enhanced PSX graphics for free. Just download one of the Emus available and away you go. Nope, as far as I can see, the PSOne is Sony's last PSX model.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
130 Posts
well on the games that the ps2 can run, it doesnt improve them greatly, a small amount of filtering and thats about it, no resolution improvement or anything like that

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, thats what I'm talking about, a new PSX that improves the graphics far beyond the original PSX, like ePSXe in a playstation

S

·
0 Posts
I still doubt it will ever happen. Sony is busy w/the PS 2 and has no time for something like that. I wouldn't buy something like that anyway, not when I can have it for free.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I think they will not...................
It really useless to release new enhanced PSX console............
I believe console gamer don't care about PSX graphic..........
They only care about games FUN OR NOT FUN.That all...............

C

·
0 Posts
No.

In general, the majority of current generation gamers are now enticed by graphics, rather than gameplay.

Sad, but awfully true..

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
No.

In general, the majority of current generation gamers are now enticed by graphics, rather than gameplay.

Sad, but awfully true..
Yeah,and that's one of the reasons that Sony won the last console war.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There IS a portable PSX, but I think it's $150+. There's no point in trying to improve the PSX, as it could make some games look worse, or worse =).

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
No.

Sad, but awfully true..
yeah, sad but true...
but there are still lots of ppl playin the great Snes rpgs :) yesterday i finished Chrono trigger (on Zsnes) and i think it beets the crap out of FF9... that game rocks...

·
Registered
5 Posts
No, I don't think anyone would buy a new psx that enhanced psx graphics, but if they came out with a mod/addon for psx that can enhance graphics, I think people would get it.

S

·
0 Posts
Cgil, Sony did purchase VGS from Connectix, but it does not look like they are going to do anything with it, except kill it.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
130 Posts
ofcourse theyre not going to do anything with it, they dont want ppl to be able to play their games on anything but a psx, infact i bet that in the not to distant future sony will go up against epsxe, although theyll probably loose just like they did with bleem, the only reason they keep going up against bleem is, that slowly they are drainign all of bleem's money, so eventually they'll go bust. that is sony's tatic this time

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i thought being commercial is one of the excuses Sony can use to sue bleem!
i dont think they can do anything about ePSXe since it's free.

·
Registered
130 Posts
nope, sony dont want n e 1 to know how there machines work, they want to keep it private, im sure if they sue epsxe they can say sum shit that had to be done whenever they were finding out how everything worked, actually bleem doesnt use a bios it emulates its functions, so i think thats one of the reasons they couldnt take them down because they arent actually usin the bios, but still its sony and sony are bastards who will all rot in hell!

S

·
0 Posts
FINALmasa, the $150 PSX to which you are reffering is the PSOne. It is Sony's newest and smallest PSX model. Also their last model of the PSX, I believe. Here in the USA you can now get brand new PSOnes for $99 US dollars.
lister2020, you are right, Sony does not want anyone to know how the PSX or PS 2 work. But, if you were to reverse engineer one to figure it out, there is nothing Sony could do about it. At least not in the USA. A federal judge in San Francisco ruled that reverse engineering was legal and, at times, even necessary for technology to advance. That is why Sony kept losing to Connectix and bleem! over their emulators in court. This is also why I think that Sony won't bother w/ePSXe. They are to small, they don't pose that much of a threat (as far as Sony is concerned), and the PSX is fading. It would be to much effort for Sony to "mess" w/ePSXe, when they need their financial resources for the upcoming "war" w/the X-Box, Game Cube, and GBA.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 20 of 20 Posts