Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(my apoligies if i've posted this in the wrong section)

I just got a Ps3 Sixaxis controller, and i did everything to connect it to my PC. I installed the LibUSB and made sure that its:

Code:
DLL version:	0.1.10.1
Driver version:	0.1.10.1
Then i opened the ps3sixaxis_en.exe file and hit the Playstation button on the controller. And of course it finds it and shows me a bunch of text. And here's where it goes wrong. When i go into the control pannel and i go into the properties of the Game-Pad for the "PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller"

I get this:

"Your Game Controller is Not Connected Correctly. Please verify that it is plugged into your computer"

What is completely ridiculous is that it works FINE with my Vista installation and on my Laptop (which is also Vista) but only gives me trouble on XP. (my vista installation is cluttered, laggy, and all the software hasnt been updated so i'd rather have this work on my XP installation, than have to restart my PC and boot into vista JUST to play PCSX2)

so far the only way i managed to temporarily resolve it, was to find the PS3 controller in the Hardware Devices menu, and uninstall the PS3 controller (which has the same lable as all my other USB devices... so i tend to uninstall the wrong ones before i get the right one) and then plug it in again, so it gives me the popup saying "New hardware PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller."

From which i then configured it and tested it with PCSX2 and it works

(but unfortunately still without Pressure sensitive buttons ( X ∆ O ).

But next time i connect the PS3 Sixaxis controller i just get the same darn connection error message, when its quite clearly connected.

Is there any way i can resolve this?

(if this has been resolved, and i missed a topic where it was discussed could someone please link me to it)

Thanks

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, PCSX2 isnt the issue, it picks up the controller fine once i resolve that "Game Controller" error. But i'd like a more stable resolution to this controller connection error, because i'd like to use it with PCSX2 rather than using my PSP with WifiController v0.4.4.

i'd also like to know if there ARE any pad plugins for PCSX2 that have pressure sensitive settings for the buttons, and if the Ps3 controller (when being used as a Game Pad) uses pressure sensitive buttons when connected to the PC.

· Registered
10 Posts
Well there's the lilypad plugin, it seems to work good for me everytime i play a game. Lilypad would be the most compatitable pad plugin, if you have an xbox 360 controller it has an xi input to it, as well as you can bind multipble ps2 controls to one pc control.

if your playing a wrestling game and you need to use the right analog i would go using the mouse. And Yes Lilypad does have sensitivity for each button, for your ps3 controller im not sure since I don't own a ps3.

Try using lilypad and see how it goes. You might need to configure it though, so i'll send you the rar that contains the dll now. Remember to put it in the plugins foldier of pcsx2.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Enable the control with the PS button before plugging it in or enabling the blue tooth connection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.