Next Generation Emulation banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
You **** rap.I like turn base strategy. And I have yet to play Disgea (I heard its pretty good :p

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Yeah, it's addictive as hell. I can't get enough of it... to be honest. It's a straight-forward game where all you do most of the time is battle and beat the living **** out of anything you see on a map, and it feels really satisfying because you can really do damages beyond common sense, and strong opponents keep popping up to keep you company. So basically, you're not without opponents here. You can even make them all go 9999 in level and face off against 20 of them at once if you're that bored. You're just never powerful enough in the game (so it kinda urges you to keep powering up) but you're also too powerful in the game at some places (so it feels like all your training paid off), and no battle is meaningless, unless it's a character that's already maxed out in all stats (such a being exists?).

Also just about anything you do in the game would make sense, and contribute to something else... which is good. I don't usually like to waste my time in a turn-based game if I can spend it leveling my characters up for stronger opponents.

Like... I remember how frustrated I was when it took Cloud about half an hour to "Omnislash" Ruby Weapon to death. 1,000,000HP? Pfff... try taking that thing on at 10x 9999 damage at a time... and it felt like an eternity. And not like you could do that kinda damage all the time without cheating.

In Disgaea... you can level and power up your characters to no end, thus allowing you to end that annoying ultimate boss in like... 1 regular attack. So it's not like you have to push your luck to try to destroy that ridiculously strong ultimate boss anymore, you just have to train hard, then go back and crush him.

Fun fact: I thought I finished the game... when I got my character to 100000 attack points. But noo... there just has to be a boss that has THREE times that attack points stat... and just about that much in any other stats. And then rumors has it that if you kill him, he comes back with 1.5 times the stats he had. :lol: And you can even raise his levels up even further (up to 4 times) if you are that bored... so there... see the picture?

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
oO.......Thats overkill mate.

Funny thing is one of my coworkers actually got fired over disgea......

he kept coming in late because he was addicted to the game.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
You thought that was big? :p Wait until you really see the difference between HDTV and PS3 with HDMI cable, and HDTV and PS3 without HDMI cable.
Ah sorry, I just tought it was obvious that you use HDMI cable... Why else buy the HD-TV?:lol:

You **** rap.I like turn base strategy. And I have yet to play Disgea (I heard its pretty good :p
Yeah, it's addictive as hell. I can't get enough of it... to be honest. It's a straight-forward game where all you do most of the time is battle and beat the living **** out of anything you see on a map, and it feels really satisfying because you can really do damages beyond common sense, and strong opponents keep popping up to keep you company. So basically, you're not without opponents here. You can even make them all go 9999 in level and face off against 20 of them at once if you're that bored. You're just never powerful enough in the game (so it kinda urges you to keep powering up) but you're also too powerful in the game at some places (so it feels like all your training paid off), and no battle is meaningless, unless it's a character that's already maxed out in all stats (such a being exists?).

Also just about anything you do in the game would make sense, and contribute to something else... which is good. I don't usually like to waste my time in a turn-based game if I can spend it leveling my characters up for stronger opponents.

Like... I remember how frustrated I was when it took Cloud about half an hour to "Omnislash" Ruby Weapon to death. 1,000,000HP? Pfff... try taking that thing on at 10x 9999 damage at a time... and it felt like an eternity. And not like you could do that kinda damage all the time without cheating.

In Disgaea... you can level and power up your characters to no end, thus allowing you to end that annoying ultimate boss in like... 1 regular attack. So it's not like you have to push your luck to try to destroy that ridiculously strong ultimate boss anymore, you just have to train hard, then go back and crush him.

Fun fact: I thought I finished the game... when I got my character to 100000 attack points. But noo... there just has to be a boss that has THREE times that attack points stat... and just about that much in any other stats. And then rumors has it that if you kill him, he comes back with 1.5 times the stats he had. :lol: And you can even raise his levels up even further (up to 4 times) if you are that bored... so there... see the picture?
...hmm. Are they continuous in the story, I mean would I have to buy 1 & 2 for it actually be meaningful to buy the newest one? ...Because those older two are seriously a pain to find, I guess it shows how popular they are:( Or that they once again screwed up the number of games brought to EU not to mention up here in the north...

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
oO.......Thats overkill mate.

Funny thing is one of my coworkers actually got fired over disgea......

he kept coming in late because he was addicted to the game.
I leveled up 20,000 times in 2 days. :p (that's twenty thousand times... literally) Is that overkill?

To top it off, you can even reincarnate your character to start from scratch (level 1!!!) with better stat bonuses, so it's almost never boring.

I bet your co-worker didn't think of getting the game on a DS or PSP... heh... :p

Fun fact: once you start leveling up, it's a never-ending cycle.

Ah sorry, I just tought it was obvious that you use HDMI cable... Why else buy the HD-TV?:lol:
Some people use Component cables because they got it for their PS2? I know I did. :lol:

...hmm. Are they continuous in the story, I mean would I have to buy 1 & 2 for it actually be meaningful to buy the newest one? ...Because those older two are seriously a pain to find, I guess it shows how popular they are:( Or that they once again screwed up the number of games brought to EU not to mention up here in the north...
They are kinda parallel. Like... Disgaea 2 happens about the same time Disgaea 1 does... and Disgaea 3 pretty much does that as well. The gap in their timeline seems to be a few years or a few hundreds, no idea... since characters in the game age about 100 times their looks. Say... the main character of Disgaea 1 looks 13 years old, but is actually 1300 years old. That means even if it's 100 or 200 years later, he's not going to look much different. And you do see characters from the other Disgaea games, so I can tell... that they all still look the same.

There's definitely a difference in levels, though. Like... the characters in Disgaea 1 would be at level 4000 or 6000 something in Disgaea 2... and so on.

Oh yeah, and all characters are aware that they are in a video game show, and are all aware of their own levels as well as others' levels. There is nothing to hide in the game, and you get to see every single characters' stats, even your enemies. But I think they did that so you'd **** your pants when you see the stats of those level 4000 monsters. :lol:

61 - 65 of 65 Posts