Next Generation Emulation banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Bionic Commando: Rearmed got really good reviews.
and its cheap like $10-15

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Ffx xiii coming to japan first soon yike! By all mean wait for the us release :eek:]

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
raksmey1309 said:
Ffx xiii coming to japan first soon yike! By all mean wait for the us release :eek:]
they should release the English one first :|

I dont know Japanese much, except for "Hai, Shannaro, Shimata", LOL

I would buy it even if it had Japanese voices and English Subtitles, but that never happened AFAIK.. Japanese Voice Acting on animes, games seem much more effective to me. its cool XD

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Well. I was actually going to buy them both at different times though.

I downloaded the Uncharted Demo, it was really cool. The aiming part was not so difficult, its like a third person shooter game. I might go for it.

But now to check if there is a Devil May Cry 4 Demo.
There is one. It should be on at least the European and North American PlayStation Network.

As for Japanese voice acting sounding better, it should be because of the different stereotypes of adult and child voices in the East and in the West. Say... a "manly" voice in the West is by a guy with extra deep voice and probably his nose all clogged up, with a kind of roaring sound to it, whereas a "manly" voice in Japan is by a probably 20-year-old guy who sounds very soft and gentle. As for child's voice, Western thinks it's supposed to be high-pitched. Eastern thinks it's supposed to be girly.

Well, you get the rest. :p (Yay for stereotypes! ...or NOT)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I once downloaded the PC Demo for Devil May Cry 4, but given that my rig sucks ass, I couldnt even run it once. I wonder if I will have to buy the PS3 Demo. But I dont like to Buy demo's.

If thats how its supposed to be for the voice acting, then they have got it both wrong.. However, I like the lead character to have a soft and gentle voice. I mean not like roaring, for example take FFX's Tidus English Voice. It fit perfectly to his personality and character. Most of the time with English Voice Acting, it doesnt happen, there always seems to have a problem with voice unfit to the specific character.

In most japanese versions voice fits perfectly.

but I was talking more about buying FFXIII if the japanese version had English subtitles. I couldnt care less if the voice was japanese if I get to know whats going on. XD

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Japanese Voice Acting on animes, games seem much more effective to me.
Not so much. This always struck me as a japanese fanboy argument. You need to know the language to understand any amount of subtlety in the acting. Otherwise all you can understand is basic emotion. (anime-samurai is happy! :) anime-samurai is sad. :( anime-samurai is angry!!! :mad: )

My buddy insisted on playing The Witcher in Polish since that was the native language of the game. He thought he'd get more out of it then. I nerd-raged on him for being an idiot. Acting counts for nothing when you can't pick up on anything meaningful in it.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
about Valkyria Chronicles, I have actually played the demo, but it doesnt seem so great.. It had only a tutorial and a skirmish mission, which seemed pretty dull.. As you said its a turn based strategy game.. what I really like about a game is the story. irrespective of the manner in which we play it.. If it has a good presentation, a good gameplay I would love to buy it and play. But is this game really that worth as you say, Radix865?
Took some time to answer but shortly, yes... It is worth it, the skirmish missions really are pretty boring but they're more like random battles in RPG's that you use to get exp and money as you do in Valkyria Chronicles, the actual story missions are much more interesting. The gameplay may first seem kind of dull but after you get the hang of it it gets better... Maybe I should actually make a review of this game in the reviews section? ...Well anyway, like I said earlier this game is one of the best for PS3, though those that don't like anime, J-RPG's, etc. might say different!:laugh:

Oh right, it has the option to set the voice acting in japanese, though the english voice acting is pretty good so its not required!:D

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well, on any home console I guess :p

And that's of course until they saw Killzone 2, which raised the bar from what I've read.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Metal Gear Solid 4 had excellent graphics.. I think it was better than what I saw in Uncharted's Demo version or even Assasins Creed..

Well, thats from what I saw anyway. XD

Resident Evil 5 Looks like it will have great graphics too

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
I once downloaded the PC Demo for Devil May Cry 4, but given that my rig sucks ass, I couldnt even run it once. I wonder if I will have to buy the PS3 Demo. But I dont like to Buy demo's.
oO Since when did you have to buy demos for any system at all?

No... all demos are free... and are supposed to be free. Now... beta versions are those that might not be free sometimes. But demos are all free.

If thats how its supposed to be for the voice acting, then they have got it both wrong.. However, I like the lead character to have a soft and gentle voice. I mean not like roaring, for example take FFX's Tidus English Voice. It fit perfectly to his personality and character. Most of the time with English Voice Acting, it doesnt happen, there always seems to have a problem with voice unfit to the specific character.

In most japanese versions voice fits perfectly.

but I was talking more about buying FFXIII if the japanese version had English subtitles. I couldnt care less if the voice was japanese if I get to know whats going on. XD
Because the ones choosing the voice actors are Japanese.

Now... let Americans choose, and you'll immediately feel the difference.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
oO Since when did you have to buy demos for any system at all?

No... all demos are free... and are supposed to be free. Now... beta versions are those that might not be free sometimes. But demos are all free.
Um, according to the Final Fantasy XIII thread, they're charging for that demo, and PSX/PS2 games demos used to be sold on quarterly released CDs.

The 10 day trial of World of Warcraft used to sell for $1.99 on CD.

Some older XBOX and PC mags "sell" demos with the magazine, you're not just getting the magazine but demos as well, I think that's how some PC magazines still survive...

:evil:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Uncharted's graphics are felt by many to be the best on any system thus far.
and then they saw uncharted 2 which is one of the only game so far to REALLY push the ps3 to its limits ( caution watch out for ps3 explosions:lol: )

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Um, according to the Final Fantasy XIII thread, they're charging for that demo, and PSX/PS2 games demos used to be sold on quarterly released CDs.
Charging for the FFXIII demo? :p Well, the only demos I know that got any kind of real charge are those that require an XBox Live Gold account to download. Like... the Resident Evil 5 demo, and the Call of Duty 5 demo on the XBox 360. I think what they meant was that they might put it on only for XBox Live Gold accounts... maybe. It's ridiculous to charge like... maybe $10 for a 10-minute demo when you pay $50 more for the full game, right?

As for PSX and PS2 demos, they were still technically free. You were paying for the disc... pretty much. Supposing they had HDDs and an internet service, those demos would be free for download.

The 10 day trial of World of Warcraft used to sell for $1.99 on CD.
That's a trial, not really a demo? IMO, a demo is only a small part of a game. Maybe with only 10% of its engine features intact. Trials are complete games that are for evaluation purposes only, and have limits upon them which you can remove for a charge of some sort.

Some older XBOX and PC mags "sell" demos with the magazine, you're not just getting the magazine but demos as well, I think that's how some PC magazines still survive...

:evil:
Eh... but you pay for only the magazines, right? They only include occasional demos for the heck of it. Again... you may still find them for free elsewhere, and any system with an HDD attached to itself may find free demos everywhere. Now... try not to confuse demos and trials as those are two different things altogether, imo.

and then they saw uncharted 2 which is one of the only game so far to REALLY push the ps3 to its limits ( caution watch out for ps3 explosions:lol: )
I respectfully disagree. Uncharted is far from being the best looking game imo, and it's only the best looking because of PS3 fanboys... (oh... figures...)

And Uncharted 2 is indeed far from being the only game to push the PS3 to its limits as well... again... because of fanboyism.

A limit of a console has no real... meaning. Really. :/ You want pretty graphics on your PS3? Grab a HDTV and a HDMI cable set. No really, I insist. Without an HDTV and an HDMI cable, the PS3 doesn't really show off its graphics.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I respectfully disagree. Uncharted is far from being the best looking game imo, and it's only the best looking because of PS3 fanboys... (oh... figures...)

And Uncharted 2 is indeed far from being the only game to push the PS3 to its limits as well... again... because of fanboyism.

A limit of a console has no real... meaning. Really. :/ You want pretty graphics on your PS3? Grab a HDTV and a HDMI cable set. No really, I insist. Without an HDTV and an HDMI cable, the PS3 doesn't really show off its graphics.
Besides its not "that" long since PS3 came out and so far it has always been with consoles that the longer its out the better the games start to look... I doubt they're anywhere near the so called limits of PS3, I mean look at PS2 games from the year it came out and compare to the PS2 games that came out last year or 2007...

Besides as far as I know they're still figuring out how to use the Cell effectively. But I think even the failbox will get better looking games than the ones out now.

And guys, RAP is right... The difference between a HD and a normal TV is BIG!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
The difference is only BIG?? Its way too awesome to say the difference when its HDMI with HDTV compared to AV with TV or even composite.

btw, I got Devil May Cry 4 Demo as well, it was free, and it had this bit of fighting the conquerer of Hell, I didnt get the name, and a bit of game before it as well.

I didnt get the feel as I used to get with Devil May Cry 4. The intensity, the sounds and all arent as good as DMC4. Anyway, I still want to get it. But still, I changed my mind and now I think I will be going for GTAIV first before that (owing to the fact that almost everywhere, the rating is 10/10)

Edit: I just ordered GTA IV (closed my eyes and did... well not exactly) my brother is going to pay for half of it. so its all good :D

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Just wait for FFXIII. You'll get it first.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
I want Disgaea 4 and the level cap at 99999 instead of 9999 now. :p (yep, ninety thousands, not nine thousands)

It's addictive leveling up like mad. lol

(Phil, in case that's confusing, I'm literally saying: to HELL with real-time-combat RPG, turn-based strategy for the WIN!)

41 - 60 of 65 Posts