Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
An analogue stick is just a horrible way to control a first person perspective, I don't care how widely adopted it is. Yes, I have a 360 gamepad for my pc, but it never gets used on anything where a mouse is a far better option.
The game is not only 1st person remember, it's also 3rd person.

·
Registered
415 Posts
An analogue stick is just a horrible way to control a first person perspective, I don't care how widely adopted it is. Yes, I have a 360 gamepad for my pc, but it never gets used on anything where a mouse is a far better option.
I actually prefer the PS3 analog sticks to a mouse an keyboard, and even though I don't care for the X360 controller very much, I still use it to play my PC shooters such as Bioshock and Crysis. An analog stick works great for shooters, if you have any skill ;)

My recommended PS3 games:

Uncharted
LittleBigPlanet
Prince of Persia
Battlefield Bad Company (one of my top FPS games of all time)
Call of Duty 4
Fallout 3
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Metal Gear Solid 4
Mirror's Edge
Both Motorstorm games
The Orange Box
Pure
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty
Rockband 2
Resistance 1 and 2
Killzone 2 (coming soon)

There are plenty more great games on the PS3, but those are some of the best. I have over 55 games on the PS3, so I've experienced most of the games it has to offer, and I love this system :)

·
!
6,312 Posts
For the mods. For the graphics and framerate. For the MOUSE!!!

What's wrong with Rock Band 2?
I'd rent it first as it's about 8 hrs long and you might not find it... satysfying for $60.

And yeh koko-goal, wtf is wrong with Rock Band 2?
This game is the best of the stupid games on 2008:)

Why u like this game?:)

I actually prefer the PS3 analog sticks to a mouse an keyboard, and even though I don't care for the X360 controller very much, I still use it to play my PC shooters such as Bioshock and Crysis. An analog stick works great for shooters, if you have any skill ;)

My recommended PS3 games:

Uncharted
LittleBigPlanet
Prince of Persia
Battlefield Bad Company (one of my top FPS games of all time)
Call of Duty 4
Fallout 3
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Metal Gear Solid 4
Mirror's Edge
Both Motorstorm games
The Orange Box
Pure
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty
Rockband 2
Resistance 1 and 2
Killzone 2 (coming soon)

There are plenty more great games on the PS3, but those are some of the best. I have over 55 games on the PS3, so I've experienced most of the games it has to offer, and I love this system :)
are you kidding? right?.....these two games don't deserve even 1 doller:)

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
An analog stick works great for shooters
No it doesn't. At all. Why do you think devs are so reluctant to let console players play with PC players in multiplatform releases (ie. orange box)? Because the PC players will destroy people who have to track their view around with an analogue stick. The only game I know to attempt it was UT3, and console players has the option of not allowing keyboard and mouse players....because they knew it would be a frigging slaughter. It takes some times to track a perspective around with analogue sticks and if you overshoot, it takes time to correct. Compare that with a mouse's tracking time of near-instant.

There's no comparison. If they ever want me to play FPSs or similar games on console then they need realistic alternatives to the thumbstick.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
koko-goal said:
are you kidding? right?.....these two games don't deserve even 1 doller
AFAIK, from reviews and all, Little Big Planet is awesome. Frankly I dont know much about Rockband 2, however it hits a critic score of 9.1/10 and thats gotta count as something compared to just what one person thinks ;)

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Valkyria Chronicles... Definetly one of the best games for PS3 so far. Never got much attention as it came out with some overhyped games like fallout 3 and stuff. Its a turn based strategy/3rd person shooter with a story of a jrpg that's based on a world very similar to WWII europe!:lol:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
about Valkyria Chronicles, I have actually played the demo, but it doesnt seem so great.. It had only a tutorial and a skirmish mission, which seemed pretty dull.. As you said its a turn based strategy game.. what I really like about a game is the story. irrespective of the manner in which we play it.. If it has a good presentation, a good gameplay I would love to buy it and play. But is this game really that worth as you say, Radix865?

btw, anyone can tell me why exactly Need For Speed Undercover gets such a poor score? Critic Score averages upto 6.5/10 only.. Graphics and all looks soo good though? except for maybe the story? or gameplay?

Heres the deal... i cant decide, I went to buy, but I couldn't make up my mind, Uncharted or Devil May Cry 4? Both these titles seem like they will be great... but which one to choose ... :|

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
btw, anyone can tell me why exactly Need For Speed Undercover gets such a poor score? Critic Score averages upto 6.5/10 only.. Graphics and all looks soo good though? except for maybe the story? or gameplay?
Don't forget it's a buggy copy/paste of Most Wanted

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
This game is the best of the stupid games on 2008:)

Why u like this game?:)

are you kidding? right?.....these two games don't deserve even 1 doller:)
If you don't like it, fine and we acknowledge it, but no need for more trolling really just don't play it. I enjoy it and it's one of the rare games which carry something new to a stiff current gaming market. And just please don't come up with some text 'learn to play a real instrument' or similar..

RealOne said:
anyone played Lord of the Rings, Conquest that came out recently, how good is it?
For a single player it's not really worth getting, for online multi it's so-so. Just another "one button to kill them all" game I'm afraid.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Dead Space is a great buy for the ps3
fallout 3 though I prefer it for the pc but to each their own
I will take the PC version of just about any game if available.
Mind you, I have the ideal setup for it. My PC connects via long hdmi under my carpet, across the room to my HDTV. My 360 gamepad is wireless. So if it's a game I want to play with my gamepad (ie. Prince of Persia) I'll just ultramon it out to my HDTV, carry my gamepad over and plunk down in my chair and play.

Only reason I have a PS3 is for some games I really wanted to play that weren't released on PC (lame).

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
How about Prince of Persia? I Liked the graphics in it, but how about its story? I hear you cant die in it, Elika girl saves you all the time, is it worth buying?
Played through it on 360. If you could die, it would literally be the most annoying game EVER made. Not being able to is definitely a plus if you've ever played it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Spyhop said:
I will take the PC version of just about any game if available.
Mind you, I have the ideal setup for it. My PC connects via long hdmi under my carpet, across the room to my HDTV. My 360 gamepad is wireless. So if it's a game I want to play with my gamepad (ie. Prince of Persia) I'll just ultramon it out to my HDTV, carry my gamepad over and plunk down in my chair and play.

Only reason I have a PS3 is for some games I really wanted to play that weren't released on PC (lame).
Nice.. :) You got a good enough PC I guess.. Unfortunately, I have a dual core which is pretty lame which couldnt be even compared to a Core 2 Duo if you ask me.

Personally, I wouldnt have got myself a PS3 if I had a better rig than this... Right now, I was wishing I just bought a new PC or upgrade it..

spike01 said:
Dead Space is a great buy for the ps3
fallout 3 though I prefer it for the pc but to each their own
Right on. Dead Space also had great reviews for it. They say its one of those games that feels just right. But, I dont think I want to play it just yet. Though I definetely will get it.

Btw, thanks Guys for all of your replies :D
------------------
But, I really need to know what all you guys think. Whats the better option between Uncharted and Devil May Cry 4? the next game I will buy will be either one of that.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
If you could die, it would literally be the most annoying game EVER made. Not being able to is definitely a plus if you've ever played it.
I saw that as a big negative. I want hard games where I have to pay for my mistakes. I'm tired of modern games treating it's players like retards who can't handle a challenge.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I saw that as a big negative. I want hard games where I have to pay for my mistakes. I'm tired of modern games treating it's players like retards who can't handle a challenge.
You must be a fan of Diablo 2 in hardcore mode.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Because they went with the wrong route completely with the NFS series. It was good until Most Wanted, then no matter what they did afterwards, it would never be the same. If you really really like racing games, you should get Burnout Paradise instead. Note that although both NFS and Burnout come from EA, they are developed by different studios, so there's no reference there.

I have personally played NFS and I can only say that it's horrendous this time around. It's just basically... a worse version of Most Wanted, and the graphics are not even as good as Burnout Paradise to boast.

Heres the deal... i cant decide, I went to buy, but I couldn't make up my mind, Uncharted or Devil May Cry 4? Both these titles seem like they will be great... but which one to choose ... :|
Devil May Cry 4. You'd regret it for pretty much the rest of your life if you get Uncharted... imo. Uncharted has horrible aim for a shooter game, horrible shooting feel, and if its graphics weren't pretty, it would just suck plainly. It's like Stranglehold with better graphics, basically. And Stranglehold is like... uhhh... those Matrix games that we've been fed over the years. It's a shame, really, because I hoped Uncharted was more like Max Payne, but it got really lame in the end.

As for Little Big Planet, it's a game where you can play with... pretty much anyone who knows how to hold a game controller. It's also very fun creating a stage and playing with the physical aspects of them. Better yet, you can explore them in details since your character is much smaller than the stage itself. The customizations are extras, but I think they add a nice feel to the game. And heck, you can even recreate other games in Little Big Planet. Say... you can make a Metal Gear Solid stage, and dress yourself up as Solid Snake and lunch around for fun.

As for the PC, it just ain't getting what it can anymore, as a matter of fact. I am only anticipating the release of Burnout Paradise on the PC, but truth be told, not like I'm going to get that game. I just wanna see how it would look on a PC... maybe with a demo or something. :p That said, my mindset is not exactly... PC-oriented. I like developing games and emulators and other stuffs on the PC, but aside from that, not much more to poke.

Getting back on Disgaea 3... hmm... I think that game is going to keep you seated for months or even years if you want to truly complete it with everything. Imagine getting a character from level 1 to level 9999... at the pace of a normal RPG where you're getting from level 5 or something to level 100. :p (that means 1 level in Disgaea is just as fast as or even slower to gain than 1 level in normal RPG) Disgaea is supposed to be a game where you level up and power up to the extreme, almost passing the limits of what you'd call... sanity and common sense. The game has a total damage indicator that surpasses 20 digits (highest I've seen is 20 digits) so you can pretty much guess how much work it's going to be. If you have had to deal with bosses with 1 million HP in FF, then now you should prepare to face bosses with 1 trillion HP. :p (or more)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Reply to the which to buy uncharted vs dmc4 ummmm that's really hard

Uncharted has very good story line and gets very intellectually deep and if you like history and or investigative story's than buy this one

Devil may cry 4 Just F***ing cool great graphics better control lay out then then the priors (say maybe 1) and the combat style is out of this world (I was loosing hope for the series until this game renewed my faith)

soooo really its going to be a personal chose in this matter their both really good games oh and before playing dead space watch the movie it really gets you in to the world so to speak

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well. I was actually going to buy them both at different times though.

I downloaded the Uncharted Demo, it was really cool. The aiming part was not so difficult, its like a third person shooter game. I might go for it.

But now to check if there is a Devil May Cry 4 Demo.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.