Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a PS3 Recenlty. With it, I got 2 Games (Fifa 09 & Motostorm: Pacific Rift) and 1 Blu ray movie (Batman Begins).

I also bought Metal Gear Solid 4 and also Assassins Creed. which in their own way was really awesome, except that Assassins Creed was too repetitive and had a bad ending.

Now, seeing the prices of the PS3 games got me a bit scared. I dont want to buy any games that I may not like. I was hoping that you guys here could recommend some games for me. Games that are worth buying for the PS3. ofcourse, only if you have played them yourself.

I dont really like taking risks for games like I did for the PS2.. especially because the prices are staggering compared to what I had to pay for the PS2 ones before.

So Any suggestions, with sort of a review will be great. Thanks

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both Heavenly Sword and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are already on my list to buy... :)

However, I m not so sure of Grand Theft Auto IV, also any of you guys can give me a hint on Need for Speed Titles, any alternatives for racing games, I hear NFS ones arent soo great this time, and if anyone knows about Warhawk?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about Prince of Persia? I Liked the graphics in it, but how about its story? I hear you cant die in it, Elika girl saves you all the time, is it worth buying?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
spyhop said:
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Rock Band 2
Folklore
Mirror's Edge (though this is out for PC now)
Mirror's Edge, I heard of it, definitely worth the buy?
runawayprisoner said:
BurnOut Paradise is the best racing title on the PS3 in case you haven't heard. :p
From what I heard so far, yeh, it seems like the best so far

I like RPG's.. So Disgaea 3? hmmm. I'll check more on that.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I could actually get the Asian version for $50

but I am going for Uncharted this time. It seems like its the best choice... Other than GTAIV, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Burnout Paradise, and etc?

anyone played Lord of the Rings, Conquest that came out recently, how good is it?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
koko-goal said:
are you kidding? right?.....these two games don't deserve even 1 doller
AFAIK, from reviews and all, Little Big Planet is awesome. Frankly I dont know much about Rockband 2, however it hits a critic score of 9.1/10 and thats gotta count as something compared to just what one person thinks ;)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
about Valkyria Chronicles, I have actually played the demo, but it doesnt seem so great.. It had only a tutorial and a skirmish mission, which seemed pretty dull.. As you said its a turn based strategy game.. what I really like about a game is the story. irrespective of the manner in which we play it.. If it has a good presentation, a good gameplay I would love to buy it and play. But is this game really that worth as you say, Radix865?

btw, anyone can tell me why exactly Need For Speed Undercover gets such a poor score? Critic Score averages upto 6.5/10 only.. Graphics and all looks soo good though? except for maybe the story? or gameplay?

Heres the deal... i cant decide, I went to buy, but I couldn't make up my mind, Uncharted or Devil May Cry 4? Both these titles seem like they will be great... but which one to choose ... :|

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Spyhop said:
I will take the PC version of just about any game if available.
Mind you, I have the ideal setup for it. My PC connects via long hdmi under my carpet, across the room to my HDTV. My 360 gamepad is wireless. So if it's a game I want to play with my gamepad (ie. Prince of Persia) I'll just ultramon it out to my HDTV, carry my gamepad over and plunk down in my chair and play.

Only reason I have a PS3 is for some games I really wanted to play that weren't released on PC (lame).
Nice.. :) You got a good enough PC I guess.. Unfortunately, I have a dual core which is pretty lame which couldnt be even compared to a Core 2 Duo if you ask me.

Personally, I wouldnt have got myself a PS3 if I had a better rig than this... Right now, I was wishing I just bought a new PC or upgrade it..

spike01 said:
Dead Space is a great buy for the ps3
fallout 3 though I prefer it for the pc but to each their own
Right on. Dead Space also had great reviews for it. They say its one of those games that feels just right. But, I dont think I want to play it just yet. Though I definetely will get it.

Btw, thanks Guys for all of your replies :D
------------------
But, I really need to know what all you guys think. Whats the better option between Uncharted and Devil May Cry 4? the next game I will buy will be either one of that.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well. I was actually going to buy them both at different times though.

I downloaded the Uncharted Demo, it was really cool. The aiming part was not so difficult, its like a third person shooter game. I might go for it.

But now to check if there is a Devil May Cry 4 Demo.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
raksmey1309 said:
Ffx xiii coming to japan first soon yike! By all mean wait for the us release :eek:]
they should release the English one first :|

I dont know Japanese much, except for "Hai, Shannaro, Shimata", LOL

I would buy it even if it had Japanese voices and English Subtitles, but that never happened AFAIK.. Japanese Voice Acting on animes, games seem much more effective to me. its cool XD

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I once downloaded the PC Demo for Devil May Cry 4, but given that my rig sucks ass, I couldnt even run it once. I wonder if I will have to buy the PS3 Demo. But I dont like to Buy demo's.

If thats how its supposed to be for the voice acting, then they have got it both wrong.. However, I like the lead character to have a soft and gentle voice. I mean not like roaring, for example take FFX's Tidus English Voice. It fit perfectly to his personality and character. Most of the time with English Voice Acting, it doesnt happen, there always seems to have a problem with voice unfit to the specific character.

In most japanese versions voice fits perfectly.

but I was talking more about buying FFXIII if the japanese version had English subtitles. I couldnt care less if the voice was japanese if I get to know whats going on. XD

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Metal Gear Solid 4 had excellent graphics.. I think it was better than what I saw in Uncharted's Demo version or even Assasins Creed..

Well, thats from what I saw anyway. XD

Resident Evil 5 Looks like it will have great graphics too

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
The difference is only BIG?? Its way too awesome to say the difference when its HDMI with HDTV compared to AV with TV or even composite.

btw, I got Devil May Cry 4 Demo as well, it was free, and it had this bit of fighting the conquerer of Hell, I didnt get the name, and a bit of game before it as well.

I didnt get the feel as I used to get with Devil May Cry 4. The intensity, the sounds and all arent as good as DMC4. Anyway, I still want to get it. But still, I changed my mind and now I think I will be going for GTAIV first before that (owing to the fact that almost everywhere, the rating is 10/10)

Edit: I just ordered GTA IV (closed my eyes and did... well not exactly) my brother is going to pay for half of it. so its all good :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts