Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
As for the mouse, I find using the analog sticks just fine. Heck... don't people connect XBox360 controllers to their PCs to play games anymore? :p And why would you need a mouse in a game with... swords? I know you occasionally use bows, but I personally just jump in and slash my way through... so an analog stick is plenty, if not much more accurate than a mouse in this perspective.
An analogue stick is just a horrible way to control a first person perspective, I don't care how widely adopted it is. Yes, I have a 360 gamepad for my pc, but it never gets used on anything where a mouse is a far better option.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
An analog stick works great for shooters
No it doesn't. At all. Why do you think devs are so reluctant to let console players play with PC players in multiplatform releases (ie. orange box)? Because the PC players will destroy people who have to track their view around with an analogue stick. The only game I know to attempt it was UT3, and console players has the option of not allowing keyboard and mouse players....because they knew it would be a frigging slaughter. It takes some times to track a perspective around with analogue sticks and if you overshoot, it takes time to correct. Compare that with a mouse's tracking time of near-instant.

There's no comparison. If they ever want me to play FPSs or similar games on console then they need realistic alternatives to the thumbstick.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Dead Space is a great buy for the ps3
fallout 3 though I prefer it for the pc but to each their own
I will take the PC version of just about any game if available.
Mind you, I have the ideal setup for it. My PC connects via long hdmi under my carpet, across the room to my HDTV. My 360 gamepad is wireless. So if it's a game I want to play with my gamepad (ie. Prince of Persia) I'll just ultramon it out to my HDTV, carry my gamepad over and plunk down in my chair and play.

Only reason I have a PS3 is for some games I really wanted to play that weren't released on PC (lame).

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
If you could die, it would literally be the most annoying game EVER made. Not being able to is definitely a plus if you've ever played it.
I saw that as a big negative. I want hard games where I have to pay for my mistakes. I'm tired of modern games treating it's players like retards who can't handle a challenge.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Japanese Voice Acting on animes, games seem much more effective to me.
Not so much. This always struck me as a japanese fanboy argument. You need to know the language to understand any amount of subtlety in the acting. Otherwise all you can understand is basic emotion. (anime-samurai is happy! :) anime-samurai is sad. :( anime-samurai is angry!!! :mad: )

My buddy insisted on playing The Witcher in Polish since that was the native language of the game. He thought he'd get more out of it then. I nerd-raged on him for being an idiot. Acting counts for nothing when you can't pick up on anything meaningful in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts