Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a PS3 Recenlty. With it, I got 2 Games (Fifa 09 & Motostorm: Pacific Rift) and 1 Blu ray movie (Batman Begins).

I also bought Metal Gear Solid 4 and also Assassins Creed. which in their own way was really awesome, except that Assassins Creed was too repetitive and had a bad ending.

Now, seeing the prices of the PS3 games got me a bit scared. I dont want to buy any games that I may not like. I was hoping that you guys here could recommend some games for me. Games that are worth buying for the PS3. ofcourse, only if you have played them yourself.

I dont really like taking risks for games like I did for the PS2.. especially because the prices are staggering compared to what I had to pay for the PS2 ones before.

So Any suggestions, with sort of a review will be great. Thanks

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Heavenly Sword is not too bad a game, and considering that the game is in the budget category makes the prospect all the more delicious.

Saints Row 2 is a good sandbox style game and if you check the review section you can see my take on that game.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a good port of the xbox version and is very playable albeit with some aspects removed (the nes and snes versions for example) although it does have additional weapons and combat tweaks added.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both Heavenly Sword and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are already on my list to buy... :)

However, I m not so sure of Grand Theft Auto IV, also any of you guys can give me a hint on Need for Speed Titles, any alternatives for racing games, I hear NFS ones arent soo great this time, and if anyone knows about Warhawk?

·
Classic Games Lover
5,277 Posts
Uncharted, the first Motostorm if you enjoyed Pacific Rift, Wipeout HD, Pure, Burnout Paradise, Test Drive Unlimited, GTAIV isn't that bad, I do enjoy it although less than San Andreas, Call of Duty 4 (short, but worth buying anyways IMO), Bioshock.

Also, Killzone 2 is coming out shortly.

From the top of my head :)

·
Classic Games Lover
5,277 Posts
Well it's... muddy :D Dunno if you could call it better, I guess they're equal. I had good fun with both :D

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about Prince of Persia? I Liked the graphics in it, but how about its story? I hear you cant die in it, Elika girl saves you all the time, is it worth buying?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
If you like racing games and have a PS3 then you definitely want GT5 Prologue.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
BurnOut Paradise is the best racing title on the PS3 in case you haven't heard. :p

And if you ever pick that game up, you might come across me one day.

PS3 shooters are so, so... (whichever one, it doesn't matter)

For action games, definitely consider Devil May Cry 4, as the rest of 'em ain't as "satisfying" as it is, imo.

If you need an RPG, maybe pick up Oblivion. If you need a SRPG, no game surpasses Disgaea 3. (IMO, Disgaea 3 might well be the best RPG on PS3)

If you need something unique, there's Little Big Planet. You might also meet me online in this game... but rarely, since the game's online feature isn't too cool.

Well, that's that. If you pick up MGS4, you might see me in MGO as well. :) I don't go online in my other games.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Yeah, Oblivion is basically inferior in pretty much every way on consoles. I would only tell him to get it on the PS3 if the PC listed in his profile is really what he uses to game. (in which case, I'm not sure why his usertitle would be PCSX2 fan, since he wouldn't be able to use it properly, but w/e)

I would definitely recommend to at least rent Little Big Planet, since the game offer something you won't find in every game, but if it's not the kind of thing you want, you won't be left with much for you to enjoy.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
For the mods. For the graphics and framerate. For the MOUSE!!!
Only for the mods. I find the graphics just fine for the PS3 version. :p The framerates are awesome. It never lagged even if I got like... 38 corpses in the same area (raided a guard post for fun). It WOULD lag on my computer with that many corpses for some reason. This game requires a VERY HIGH END computer to fully enjoy at HD resolutions. If otherwise you have to run it at reduced graphics then it loses the novelty, right? And sincerely... very high graphics for this game are still pretty demanding. I wouldn't boast about it, but my PC is quite a piece, and it still couldn't hold this game up at too high a setting. :p

Also the PS3 version of this game doesn't suffer from jumpy framerates, slow loading times, low view distance, low-res textures, and heaps more, since it went with a supposed patch to fix all of such problems. The PC and 360 versions were supposed to get that patch about two months later.

As for the mouse, I find using the analog sticks just fine. Heck... don't people connect XBox360 controllers to their PCs to play games anymore? :p And why would you need a mouse in a game with... swords? I know you occasionally use bows, but I personally just jump in and slash my way through... so an analog stick is plenty, if not much more accurate than a mouse in this perspective.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spyhop said:
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Rock Band 2
Folklore
Mirror's Edge (though this is out for PC now)
Mirror's Edge, I heard of it, definitely worth the buy?
runawayprisoner said:
BurnOut Paradise is the best racing title on the PS3 in case you haven't heard. :p
From what I heard so far, yeh, it seems like the best so far

I like RPG's.. So Disgaea 3? hmmm. I'll check more on that.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
As for the mouse, I find using the analog sticks just fine. Heck... don't people connect XBox360 controllers to their PCs to play games anymore? :p And why would you need a mouse in a game with... swords? I know you occasionally use bows, but I personally just jump in and slash my way through... so an analog stick is plenty, if not much more accurate than a mouse in this perspective.
An analogue stick is just a horrible way to control a first person perspective, I don't care how widely adopted it is. Yes, I have a 360 gamepad for my pc, but it never gets used on anything where a mouse is a far better option.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I could actually get the Asian version for $50

but I am going for Uncharted this time. It seems like its the best choice... Other than GTAIV, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Burnout Paradise, and etc?

anyone played Lord of the Rings, Conquest that came out recently, how good is it?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts