Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a big Xbox 360 fan. I've spent time researching in the 360 scene and the PS3 scene. Whenever something like this comes along, it really makes me sit back in my seat and want to have a good read.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...ssage.id=226517&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

I got this news from 360 Insider. Apparently, a fanboy war is going on over at the Official Playstation Forums. But they are getting a point across - the PS3 may not be the motherload it seems to be; not yet at least. According to what I've been reading, the developer of Metal Gear Solid 4, Hideo Kojima, has stated that Metal Gear Solid 4 could run on the Xbox 360 without breaking a sweat. Don't believe it? The screenshots in that 9 page fanboy war show early screenshots of Alan's Wake running on the Playstation 3. Nobody really believes that's coming from the PS3. If you ask me, I'm suprised. To-Be PS3 owners are expecting the PS3 to be able to render something as good as a picture! I don't want to start a fan boy war here , I'm just pointing this out. I think this is where Sony's track record of overpromise comes into play. Feel free to post opinions ! But keep it normal people. We all know what a thread like this could turn into.

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Nahhh, to me it's all about the games. I want to play Tekken 6, Devil May Cry, Mgs4 and the next Final fantasy. I can live without playing Doa4.

Anyway, just to take something into account. Right in this moment there is no xbox 360 game able to have the kind of graphics of Mgs4. Wheter they can be done or not, they have not shown anything like that.
Ps3 can do it and it has not been released. The 360 has been released and if it can be done, why nobody has shown it yet?

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Master Chief said:
developer of Metal Gear Solid 4, Hideo Kojima, has stated that Metal Gear Solid 4 could run on the Xbox 360 without breaking a sweat.
That was a misquote. Hideo Kojima never said that. During a game press show some unknown site manger posed a question to a team member from Kojima Productions (Hideo Kojima’s game development studio). They said it "could” be possible for Xbox 360 to run a port of the MGS4 demo. Nothing more. Then this unknown person in a passing conversation told a game journalist that Xbox 360 could run MGS4 (without any alterations). Somewhere along the lines the journalist misconstrued the information and thought that Kojima himself had said this.

The incorrect information has been circulating ever since.

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Woah, that's a nice collection of brain dead fanboys in that link :p

Posting real life photos and saying they expect THAT. Oh c'mon, at least give me realistic faces and facial expressions FIRST. Or how about better physics? And yes, WATER and FLUIDS. Not only their looks, their PROPER physics. I want so much still that I am almost sad that the next gen won't deliver it :p

However, its really fun and interesting to get what I'll be getting though. About better looks, it is a little early to call. Let PS3 launch up and then we'll see. But those MGS4 and DMC4 clips are really amazing. Imagine playing DMC in those graphics at super speed and 60FPS ... probably XBOX's weakest point as of now. But we better wait and see.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yeah that was a misquote, and all the Xbox fans turned it into something to damage the PS3 reputation and it pisses me off seeing fanboys using allways that. You should watch the interview, what was really said was:

"...he had to do the real time demo to prove it was really game engine. I know he was at the Xbox360 launge, does he thing it is possible, just technically, for them to be able to produce the same type of results on the Xbox 360?"

HK: "Yes thats technically possible [laughing]"

They were talking about the demo and nothing else, and the way he was laughing it showed that it was an awnser like "yeah lol everything is possible haha"

Anyway i got high hopes about the PS3, and i still believe against almost everyone that Killzone 2 will be like the demo showed in E3 :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Instead of expecting lifelike graphics, they should get a life instead :rolleyes:
Still it's funny to read such fanboy wars.

>>>hes right 360 isnt next gen, its current gen, ps2 xbox gamecube were last gen.
now the 360 and ps3 are current gen.

Should I jump in and point him to the fact that DC belongs to the same gen? :p

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Well, since I'm at a game company I know lots of stuff. Let's just say that so far we get better performance on the PC than a PS3. I think I'm not breaking any rules by saying that.

The reason? the cache hurts real bad! it's horrible to have that small amounts of cache. For those of you who know hardware architecture you'll know that a cache miss can cost as much as 150 times as a cache hit.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Game and Interface Design( Eye Toye!) will be important for me i expect much and i think some titles and new Inventions will come along with PS3.
Nintendo Revolution will also do some very interesting stuff!
wbr Shin Gouki

·
Registered
359 Posts
Man, battles about which is better, xbox or the ps2, or xbox360 or ps3?
I agree with Clements, Sony has always been about gameplay.
I am a ps2 owner, and I agree that XBOX was always better than PS2, graphically and hardware wise, but Sony always had the ability to fight back, with great titles and innovative gameplay, as well as hardware, like the eyetoy.
I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but although I'm with sony all the way, but if XBOX 360 escapes from the problems it's facing now, from overheating and stuff, it has my respect.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
ChankastRules said:
If anyone has been all about gameplay that's Nintendo not sony.
True, I think it would be Nintendo/Sega >> Sony >>>>>>> Microsoft

Nintendo and Sega are the ones that experiment the most, fishing rods, maracas, that donkey kong game, talking with a fish, and now the revolution controller.

Sony has got eyetoy, even though the DC had a webcam as well, it wasn't used in games AFAIK and Sony is doing a good job with Eyetoy games, as well as with the Karaoke stuff, which has been on DC for years as well :p

The only thing Xbox has over PS2 are the 4 controller ports. DC, Cube and Xbox all have 4 ports while PS2 has got only two.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Well its got 2 ports but u can use multitap up to 8 controllers :p

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Well its got 2 ports but u can use multitap up to 8 controllers :p
Which is a rather useless option :p

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Is it? You have no idea how fun it is to have 8 players on a soccer game :p.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Master Chief said:
The screenshots in that 9 page fanboy war show early screenshots of Alan's Wake running on the Playstation 3. Nobody really believes that's coming from the PS3. If you ask me, I'm suprised. To-Be PS3 owners are expecting the PS3 to be able to render something as good as a picture!
Are you sure? It looks much like a Hi-Res Max Payne 2 to me (With better lighting and shadows ;) ). At that stage it could be on PS2 and the old Xbox right now. (480i modes)

I’m not saying the game looks bad. But it is a multiplatform game. And as such it will look mostly the same on all systems. How it will perform is another question. If the game is being designed with current PC’s in mind (like all remedy games have) then it likely won’t make much use of multithreading. This is what will make games next-gen. Multithreading CPU performance, and RAM performance, not GPU performance as both PS3 and 360 have comparable GPU’s

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Is it? You have no idea how fun it is to have 8 players on a soccer game :p.
I certainly do, but the camera always gets into the way of fun compared to a lan party ;)

You say soccer, try Smackdown with a ladder match....it's more fun ;)

Is it just me or does Alan Wake looks like a run-away nutcase in the first pic Katsuya posted? I mean, carrying a gun and a flashlight in the middle of a street at midday!? oO

·
Registered
135 Posts
Honestly myself I think the software for the ps3 will be good. Its the hardware that going to blow at least at first. I would really make a point to ppl not to get the system right away mainly because they have a really bad track record with release date systems the playsation, psone, ps2, and psp all had major issues with the first few revisions. but than again im sure alot of ppl will get it right away.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
shinmajin said:
Honestly myself I think the software for the ps3 will be good. Its the hardware that going to blow at least at first. I would really make a point to ppl not to get the system right away mainly because they have a really bad track record with release date systems the playsation, psone, ps2, and psp all had major issues with the first few revisions. but than again im sure alot of ppl will get it right away.
you can say that about all of them but Nintendo... Xbox and xbox 360 have the disc scratching issue as well as overheating, etc....
Xbox and xbox 360 were rushed...The Sony stuff is not so much rushed, but just that they make so many electronic items that they don't spend as much as they need to on testing....they make corrections and revisions quickly though...

·
Registered
135 Posts
ya nintendo and sega are the only ppl that ive seen do it right on the release date and as for sony i didnt touch the ps2 till thay were up to v8 and they are alot higher now and you couldnt pay me to use a psp. also one of my good friends has a dead v1 v3 v4 v5 so you can see my reason.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.