Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Perhaps if I could hear it in context it would make more sense. Or do they just say "the third place" by itself?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Oh I see. Sony has a great big ego.
It looks like "the third place" is a reference to deep meditation or enlightenment as some call it.
So I'm guessing that Sony is trying to say that playing a PS2 will help you reach enlightenment.
This is actually not that different from Nintendo. A loose translation of "nintendo" is: a way to heaven.
I don't know how they play consoles in Japan, but I haven't felt any enlightenment from playing PSX or Nintendo. May be it doesn't work with emulators.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Maybe they just meant they'll have the third place:
1.GameCube
2.Xbox
3.PS2
:D :D :D

S

·
0 Posts
hmm...
I heard the next version of pete's plugins will have the extra option to turn on "mental state". Like perspective correction, it's hard to emulate but pete found out the "mental state option" can be simulated by letting the screen flash etc.

S

·
0 Posts
no; I'm just kidding about that third place thingie :)

If the screen constantly flashes it'll change your mental state though; you'll get mad ;)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
LOL
Quite true. I've experienced that sort of mad mental state a few too many times.:mad:
Good way to promote chaos. Its the little things that drive us crazy.:eyes:

S

·
0 Posts
ha...same happened here...old monitors and tv's getting broken
*SLAM!*
okay...... ;)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
The Third place is a dimension , a gameplay dimension betewen reality and iamgination , where you decide your Fate !!!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Originally posted by Zell
The Third place is a dimension , a gameplay dimension betewen reality and iamgination , where you decide your Fate !!!!
...either that or a cheap marketing gimick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts