Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wel lately i have been playing alot of Soul caliber 2 at m8 place.
And i was just wondering whats the best char ?

yea there proly all equaly balanced.. But im sure ya ppl all have a favorite char they mastered

So i was wondering whats in ur opinion best char and with wich move and weapon ?

Im mainly bashing m8 with nightmare with soul caliber atm..
using forward twice and triangle.. slams the sword down on them the move can be continuesly used if they dont know how to get up fast ^^
And if they block i go Square so i hit them low twice. Basicly my main moves sometime back and down Square to hit them low and make them fall or forward Circle to punch em away since NM is kinda slow...

But i like to master another one
So share ur opinion and SC secrets :D

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I personnaly tend to prefer Mitsurugi, cause he's quite stong, fast, and not too hard to learn to handle, newbies tend to use Kilik, he's SC's Eddy, easy to control and does some good damage :p

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm wich weapon on Mitsurugi ? i notice that u cant block with second last weapon.. And i usualy use second last :D Also wonder what abilities does the last weapons have off all char ? always say something like may let there guard down..

And yea my m8 uses kilik witht he second last wep.. Poke poke long range.. and twice down and Square.. makes him do Mid low low attack.. but easy to block. But kilik had pretty anoying attacks yea ^^

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Mitsurugi is a good character in that he is relatively average. He's good as both a defending character (with his battou-jutsu block thing) or as an attacking character.
His Top weapon (not the souvenir gift) indeed doesn't allow block, but if you use guard impact, that's not an issue.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I like Talim best myself. She's got some insane speed and nice combos as well. Back in SC1 I used to use Nightmare, but they balanced him out in SC2 so that he's not nearly as cheap :p.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Eddy is a masher... but you still play quite good with him (read: not lame) if you realy know that character... Kilik is bit bigger challange to learn than Eddy :p oh yeah and Mitsurugi roX :)

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
voldo is a good character but is very dificult to master it.
kilik is a good one too, very easy to play whit him
ivy is good if you learn alll the combos.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
__Xzyx987X said:
I like Talim best myself. She's got some insane speed and nice combos as well. Back in SC1 I used to use Nightmare, but they balanced him out in SC2 so that he's not nearly as cheap :p.
Talim hmm kinda weak :/ And nightmare is still as good as he use to be.. Hes still my main char..

Im also laming with hehachi alot get close smash triangle the whole time.. works vs slow chars.. Imo that back G thats guard break right ? dunno right name for it but its really hard to use.

KanedA said:
Eddy is a masher... but you still play quite good with him (read: not lame) if you realy know that character... Kilik is bit bigger challange to learn than Eddy :p oh yeah and Mitsurugi roX
eddy ?
what eddy ? And i notice kilik is pretty easy to learn.. but hes kinda weak to... cant take dmg so wel..

ivy is just a pain to play and way to hard... same as voldo.. but hes even worst...

I notice sophitia has some cheap moves to :p

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
nightmare is the king of cheap moves i hate him

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sephiroth[TR] said:
Talim hmm kinda weak :/
If you think she's weak then you're not using her right. Too bad SC2 isn't online so I could show you how it's done ;).

Sephiroth[TR] said:
And nightmare is still as good as he use to be.. Hes still my main char..
I don't know about that... Maybe there are ways to use him effectively in SC2, but I could never get as good with him in SC2 as in SC1.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
[QUOTE='Sephiroth[TR]
eddy ?
what eddy ? And i notice kilik is pretty easy to learn.. but hes kinda weak to... cant take dmg so wel..[/QUOTE]

eddy from Tekken series :)... as for kilik yes he can take good amount of your health you just have to know how to fight with him :)

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KanedA said:
eddy from Tekken series :)... as for kilik yes he can take good amount of your health you just have to know how to fight with him :)

tekken eddy was kinda uhu wicked yea. i always used gon :D
And yea kilik is just anoying with his big range.. But his dmg aint to wel and his defense is lacking to. Even on 200% kilik doesnt last long vs mitsurugi or nightmare attacks. While nightmare with soul caliber last damm long vs lame ass kilik.

__Xzyx987X said:
If you think she's weak then you're not using her right. Too bad SC2 isn't online so I could show you how it's done ;).
and yea Talim attacks are kinda low dmg but shes fast. And with soul caliber she can last awhile to. Somehow i cant manage to win with her verry wel.
btw which moves u use with her ?

Anyone using guard break alot ? that forward G or back G ? cos i really cant pull it of at battle... DOA counter system was alot easyer...

·
Registered
84 Posts
hellmasterx said:
nightmare is the king of cheap moves i hate him
not really !!

All characters has different stamina, Nightmare is a slow attacker, yet strong but slow like Astorath, and a few other big guys.. sure mash a few buttons with nightmare could be cheap and everything.. you can win against the CPU, but you will definitley have hard time fighting against the experienced players and even mission impossible against professionals. Nightmare is like all others.. there is nothing cheap about any character unless they pull off unblockable attacks that nearly impossible to avoid, parry, or block. Heck like all others, you can kill Nightmare in a perfect round if yer experienced in guard impact (counter) then come back with vengeance ;) :cuss2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts