Next Generation Emulation banner

PS2 Slim

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  limpep 
#1 ·
HI i got an PS2 slim version i tryed playing online didnt work. the settings i used.

everything on auto dont need to put the id and password bec my isp said dont need any way so i go to test connection wait like 10 min then i get an erro saying the test did not work.

so i tryed putting my ip address that dont work bec i get an erro on my computer saying something else is using the same ip.

My isp is Blueyonder if you live in the uk u know which 1 iam talking about and i have a 10mb internet connectin using modem model sb51001.

if any 1 can help that would be great.

LIMP.E.P

#6 · (Edited)
You do not need a crossover cable to connect your modem to the ps2, I dont know what youre talking about. A regular CAT-5 will do.

Limpep, you havent mentioned anything about setting up your connection settings and saving them to the memory card. Maybe thats the problem. You need to set it up before you can use it.

Also if your modem is pluged into your PC, and you simply unplug it and connect it to the ps2,then you should reset your modem and then test your connection. Thats what I have to do with mine.

#7 ·
i use a cat 5 cable to connect but for some reason dont work. I dont need to put in my id and password. i have got all options on auto. i tryed putting in my ip but i get an erro on my computer saying another device is using the same ip. is there another way to connect the ps2(slim version) online

#10 · (Edited)
No crossover CAT-5 is not the same thing as a regular CAT-5 cable.

And you dont understand what Im trying to say, even though your password etc., is on auto you still need to go through an extra step to set it up completely. If I can find my online setup disk ill tell you what it is.

The only reason that you could possibly need a crossover cable is if you wanted to use XLink Kai, which answer your other question.

edit:
Ok, I found my disk, and yes all you have to do is Create New Connection/Broadband/Automatic Cable Modem/Test Configuration---> Then it should request DHCP configuration, and then you should just save that file to your memory card, and set it as your default connection "network"(or something). Just make sure you reset your modem when you connect it to the PS2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.