Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Funk Master
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been doing alot of reading around trying to figure out the cheapest way to get a single game save onto my pcsx2 from a legit ps2 mem card.

Now, I know you can use ULaunchElf to do it for free, but my ps2 isn't modded and can't run backups. Also there is a bunch of 3rd party software out there that can do it but they run like $30 bucks (a bit of dough for just one game save!)

Anyways, found this Datel Data Max Playstation 3 Memory Card Adapter that looks like a cheap POS, BUT it does read ps2 saves and can back-up to PC. Do you guys think its worth it? The thing is they sell them used on Amazon for like $2. I'm thinking it might be my best and cheapest option for the one stupid save I need. Thoughts?

·
Read Only
5,614 Posts
The idea I have isn't the cheapest, but certainly a good investment for a PS2, if you ever like to run homebrew stuff.. You could get an Action Replay Max and run homebrew through its homebrew launcher[although it's not the best..but I bypass that with the NES emu for PS2 since it can launch any ELF. XD].

·
Funk Master
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the homebrew scene, problem is I just got a very nice pc built and am now using it to emulate pretty much anything! That, and it has the best LCD in the house!

If I were to get more involved I'd definitely take the the Action Replay route. Think I'll just go for the Datel Adapter...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.