Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for information on the playstation 2 memory card, on it's pinout, and formatting/layout... and so far i have seen no documentation, on that, and the output for the duakshock2 controls... so far the dualshock 2 seems to work like the dualshock ( at least when i try a dualshock controller on a dualshock2 game), but i don't know much else on it.

·
band
4,912 Posts
IIRC, the dual shock 2 i slightly wider and the only other difference is that the buttons are analogue

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
and some ps2 games do not detect the dualshock 1 for example dinasty wariors 4

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm... so the buttons are analogue... what are some readouts for it, and stuff like that. and as for the ps2 games not detecting dualshock controllers, try putting them to analogue first.

·
band
4,912 Posts
naw its not like that. some games i think REQUIRE the buttons to be analogue. i dunno why thats the case with DW4 (havent played it extensively enuff to know why but i know its one game that doesnt work with ps1 controllers). in the case of MGS2 and MGS3 , if the ps1 controllers dont work, its pretty reasonable since these absolutely require pressure sensitivity (im not sure if they dont work...too lazy to try)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts