Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I have been following the "scene" for awhile, so I know what this is all about. HDLoader came out first (I have it!). It allowed you to copy and run most ps2 games from a hard drive connected to a ps2 via the network adapter. The hard drive can be either the official one, or a regular 3.5 inch pc drive. However, Maxtors seem to work best because they fit into the network adapter correctly.

A few months after it was officially released, Sony sued the makers of HDLoader, so it is no longer manufactured or sold. Soon afterward HDAdvance arrived, which is a complete copy of HDLoader (only some of the menu and command names were changed). The only difference between the two is that HDAdvance comes with two discs similar to the swap-magic discs, which allow you to transfer copied games and/or games from another region to the ps2 hard drive. These aren't really necessary if you have a computer, since there are programs available which allow you to transfer game images to a ps2 formatted hard drive connected to your computer.

To make a long story short, a pirating tool (HDLoader) was pirated (by HDAdvance).

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Why pirating tool aleready? don;t you think that some people would just use it to copy their oryginal PS2 games to hdd? (yeah I know, it makes piracy easier but, there's always that "but...")

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
KanedA said:
Why pirating tool aleready? don;t you think that some people would just use it to copy their oryginal PS2 games to hdd? (yeah I know, it makes piracy easier but, there's always that "but...")
All I know is that when HDLoader came out, there was a lot of talk about summer subscriptions to Blockbuster ;) . As for myself, I have no comment.

·
Registered
845 Posts
KanedA said:
I bloody would, my ps2 laser isn't what it used to be. Anything to stop the irritating noise of a bad quality DVD unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts