Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone please tell me either ps2 or GeForce2/3 GPU more powerful?

How many triangles a ps2 gpu can process within 1 sec? As i know a normal GeForce2 gpu can process 15 - 25 millions of triangles.

Btw, is GeForce2 using hardware to support FSAA? or using software ?

Finally, I MUST say THANX!!!!! to pete and al the others programmers who make the psxemu better and better!!! :)

And also all the game players who are always reply/provide solutions to others who has problems! :)

[email protected]!

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i got it

well, i finally got ti know the answer.

So far, not even a GeForce3 can beat ps2's gpu.

Ps2's gpu can process 75 million polygons/sec.max !!!!!!!

And here is the link for the ps2 specification :

http://www.absolute-playstation.com/ps2_hardware/system_playstation2_tech.htm

And for the fsaa, some say it is supported by software, but according to NVidia, it's supported by hardware.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: i got it

Originally posted by Nightmare
well, i finally got ti know the answer.

So far, not even a GeForce3 can beat ps2's gpu.

And here is the link for the ps2 specification :

http://www.absolute-playstation.com/ps2_hardware/system_playstation2_tech.htm

And for the fsaa, some say it is supported by software, but according to NVidia, it's supported by hardware.
yea ps2 gpu is good,but 75 million polygons/sec.max is not true.it just abou 64 million polygons/sec.max,I think geforce 3 is better

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
If the PS2 doesn't use 4 or 8-bit palette based textures anymore, then when it comes time for someone to write a GPU for an emulator (if that ever happens), the GF2/3 will be very good performance wise.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just checked the specification of GeForce3 ( Asus one ), according to the spec, GeForce3 can process 35 millions of polygons/sec.

hi nickK, thx for conributing to this great emu scene!

offtopic : anyone here is a soul reaver 2 fan? i could not sleep well while i heard it will be released on November!!!! Imagine about how nice the graphocs can me make me go insane !

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Re: i got it

Originally posted by Nightmare
PS2 will never be this fast in a game. Cos in games there are textured polygons. This will slowdown the PS2. These 75.000.000 Polygongs/sec. are just theoretical.

S

·
0 Posts
I believe that I read somewhere (no exactally sure where), that, performance wize, the GEForce 3 out does even the PS2 processor. That would make the GEForce 3 the "king of the hill" and "top of the line".
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Did I hear Soul Reaver 2?:)
I WANT that game!:D

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
not for long , just buy a geforce 3 and you get something more powerfull than a x-box , even Soul reaver 2 , will be playable on a pc , everything will beplayed on a PC !!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Soul Reaver will be out on PS2 and PC,it's a PS2 exclusive for the console world.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea ! lets hope so ! :D

According to an article, soul reaver 2 will be released on November,so, for now, im going to replay soul reaver 1 ,if not, i may die or go crazy while i am waiting for the next version...

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Ah ouais,merde, c t ecris tt petit!;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
About the PS2 being able to do 75 million polgons is so not true. I think that was without textures or shawdowing or any other special effects which is completly usesless unless you wanna play a game made out of wireframes. Most developers think the PS2 is gonna max out around 10 million polygons, Which isn't bad at all. Just remember what Sony has on paper doesn't mean it's true.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a Chance of getting ps2 games running on pc?

oh god, send us an emu for ps2 . wahahah!

and, how to copy, burn, clone, however, ps2 cds?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Well seeing as a number of them will be dvds you will have to have a dvd burning drive if you want access to all the games, but anyhow you should be buying the games. As for a ps2 emu, you'd very likely have to wait a good long while before it could play games much less be viable performance-wise.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts