Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EmuAddict-_-;;
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any free USB software support out there? Which mean, it's used to transfer memory card save to USB device. I only know of commercial soft like AR MAX & codebreaker. My AR MAX Evo is a pain in the ass, it's always show error writing when I try to transfer save game from MC1 to MC2 or MC to USB etc. If anyone have info, plz share. TQ

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
You can try those two possibilities in both you need a way to avoid sonys copy protection (for example modchip or swap sh1t):

1. plug in a usb thumb drive fotmatet in FAT16, run LaunchELF or myPS2 app on your console, copy saves.

2. you need to have network adapter (or PS2Slim) connected to your PC or to your network, run on your PS2 LaunchELF (that one with integrated FTP server) or myPS2(it has FTP) or an FTP app (first two apps are the best)configure them, now on your pc launch FTP client, connect to your PS2, download saves :)

·
EmuAddict-_-;;
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oh... didn't notice that. I thought a guide for dumping bios, didn't notice Memory card Exploit guide. Thanks.
Edit:
I wanna run LaunchElf on my PS2. But I don't get it. Is it on,
F) Now go into the Files folder. BOOT.ELF is the execuatable that is booted each time the exploit is run. For now this is set to ps2menu, but you can use whatever file management app you would like. I just happen to use ps2menu myself.
Can those BOOT.ELF replace with LaunchELF BOOT.ELF? Can PS2 read cd-rw instead of cd-r? I've try cd-rw but didn't boot. I guess It can't. Also I try test boot image that I make with pcsx2, It show 'ERROR: Unable to open destination file: TILE.DB'. (perhaps pcsx2 didn't support it) I don't want to waste a cd-r so, I want to make sure.

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
cyclonmaster said:
My AR MAX Evo is a pain in the ass, it's always show error writing when I try to transfer save game from MC1 to MC2 or MC to USB etc. If anyone have info, plz share. TQ
Iiirc, you need to set your Usb device to usb1.1. When tranfering your saves to your Mc again you need to uncompress them so they can be detected again.
It's been a whil since i did it so i don't know if these are the exact steps.

·
EmuAddict-_-;;
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LaunchELF works perfect, but myPS2 show black screen when I try to launch it from LaunchELF. It's about 5 minute & more. I've try v3.0, v4.0 & v5.0, all the same with black screen. I've google it & someone said that v2.0 load more faster that new version. Also it's support USB. Have anyone here still have that old version of v2.0? Official site have a broken link.
you need to set your Usb device to usb1.1
How is it possible? I know only format to FAT16.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
cyclonmaster said:
LaunchELF works perfect, but myPS2 show black screen when I try to launch it from LaunchELF. It's about 5 minute & more. I've try v3.0, v4.0 & v5.0, all the same with black screen. I've google it & someone said that v2.0 load more faster that new version. Also it's support USB. Have anyone here still have that old version of v2.0? Official site have a broken link.
Well it's true that after V0.2 it loads a bit longer... but that's only few seconds.. not minutes, AFAIK simmilar problem occured on couple of PS2s... but I don't know solution for it, do you run it from memcard or CD, try to make a bootable cd from it, or set it as boot.elf for exploit.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Old thread... very very old.

Please make a new thread instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.