Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
No PS2 emulator exists right now, maybe there will be one in 2006 or so. ;)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Pardon my rant, but.... unfortunately a lot of people think that coding an emulator for ANY system is as easy as pulling it out of your a$$! .... sigh.... nevermind.....

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
A mixed basket for GBA, I mean they did have a working emu for it up in about a week after it's release.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
because the compiler was leaked way before the system was released or sumthing..

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by Xeven
because the compiler was leaked way before the system was released or sumthing..
leaked compiler + so-so system spec (it's a handheld after all) = ba-da-BING-ba-da-BOOM!! :p

·
Registered
775 Posts
The PS2 is some complicated shit, and it is going to be one of those hard emu's to make, but the gamecube in other chance, might see a future emu in our path, so don't be surprised.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Originally posted by Bubsy
The PS2 is some complicated shit, and it is going to be one of those hard emu's to make,
the same thing was said of Dreamcast emulation, yet no one's giving up. It WILL come, but not very soon. Like I said, it will come at 2005/2006 or so....and by that time it will only be at the level of compatibility that ePSXe is at right now.

...and those are my bold predictions. :p

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
hmm, PS2 emulation, not likely anythime soon, unless you could get Sony to help you make it, remember that old poll about what Sony was going to do with VGS, and one of the choices was they would make a PS2 emulator or something, yeah likely story. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's just like Keiichi said. There will be one eventually. When it comes to electronics of any kind, there is always a way around even the most expertly created devices. Most of the time there are just a few little tricks to it. You just have to figure out what the tricks are and get around them somehow. Once you do that, da-da! Is that da-da more to your liking Asz?:D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
well just to clarify waht I said was that it was a likely story that SONY would make a PS2 emulator, that would be funny and I wish they would, but its not to likely.

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
The games are written on a PC or Silicon Graphics machine (for graphics production) surely to test them they might run a form of EMU??.....so technically there MIGHT be an emulator, but not available to the public until some author takes the challenge, and by the time we get it I agree 2005/6 is a good estiamte

1 - 20 of 57 Posts