Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm using a ps2 controller with a converter and it no longer works when i use playstation cds. i figure it might have something to do with the cdrom plugin. im using epsxe wnt/wn2 core. strangely, it used to work, but now its just decided not to. ive tried reinstalling the driver for the converter. the games i have tried are jet rider 2 and guardians crusade. the games load fine, but the controller doesnt work.

help will be appreciated.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try pressing F5.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
does it actually let you map the controls to whatever input device you are using in the GUI or is it unresponsive in that menu as well? are the controls responsive when you run the BIOS instead of a game? what about other emulators, does the same issue show up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ok, the controller doesnt work again. i am positive i didnt change any settings. i'll try using it with an iso and then use it with a cd and see if that helps.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

what i mentioned previously didnt work either. starting to get frustrated. i also tried restarting the computer to no avail.

does anyone know any cdrom plugins that actually work other than cdr wnt/w2k on epsxe?

i ran bios and it works fine, but when i press f5 it doesnt work when the light is green or red. this might be related to my problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i changed the bios and it worked once. i exited then tried to get back in and the controller doesnt respond. ill try changing the bios see if it works again.

i found that for some reason bios scph1001 works. maybe its just a coincidence. i' going to start it up again and see if it still goes.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
the next time the in-game controls become unresponsive can you return to the GUI and take a screen shot of the logger window?

it doesnt always display the type of info you would be looking for in situations like this but the is a still a chance it might show something about the input and any problems related to it.

btw can you also post your system specs, including what O/S you are using?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for some reason the controller is now working with ps1 discs. maybe installing vista service pack 1 did something.

if it screws up again ill send you the log. heres my specs for the record: intel core duo 2ghz, 1g ram, intel gma 950, vista. ill keep you posted if the problem arises again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.