Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its an emulation site but I guess there are a lot of people who have the console. I have a few questions that you guys might be able to answer for me.

I live in a tropical country, I'm planning to buy a PS2.

Since the original PS2 (big fat one) is phased out and the only 1 available is the slimline version, Im forced to get it. Is it really true that the slimline overheats alot and youd have to stop playing every after 2 hours to make it rest. Else it gets damaged really quick.

what else are the disadvantages of the slimline?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
it's true it get's hot really quick and may start having problems reading discs because of over heating since mine does.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
I've owned a PS2 slim console (SCPH-70004) for a year. It gets warm quite fast, but I have encountered no problems with reading discs so far. I never stopped playing after 2 hours to let it rest, either. It's not overheated, just getting warm like any other electronic stuff.
Other disadvantages? I think there are none, with a simple fix you can prevent a LA system damaging, with HD Combo you can use a common IDE harddisk, there is a built-in network adaptor not to mention console's itself size. Besides, you always have Sony's 1 year of guarantee :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, well I live in the philippines. Sony's warranty is practically non-existent plus sony warranty is automatically voided off the retailers shelf because they put in modchips.

I plan to get 1 and mod it with sunon maglev fans 2 in intake 2 in exhaust. :)

Its a pretty popular trend over hear to really look for the large bulky 1.

·
band
4,912 Posts
here in canada in the sony stores, signs that say certain slimline models with a specific power supply model need to be replaced have popped up. they claim these have a dangerous overheating tendency but are offering to have them replaced for free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.