Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that i have no intention of making this post a post about warez or any sort of content realted to that.

I would like to know your opinious about a post i saw in some site somewhere around the net...It clamed that they had a ps2 boot cd that enables you to play backup cds without any modchip, BTW, they also had one for the ps1....I ask to the ngemu community..is this possible????
I mean, the ps2 mod chip (neo 2.2) cost here at my country about 5 USD, but if you want someone to install it for you, it will cost about 100 USD....(i guess its pretty easy to destroy a ps2).
I also know that the chip will make a lot more to your ps then enabling to play cd or dvds backups, but if that's the only thing you wanto to do...this boot cd would come pretty handy.....much alike the dreamcast system...
I would and prolly will try this cd (that acording to them is 800mb zipped in 1mb and has to be unziped with a spaecial prog) but i ask your opinion first...What do YOu think?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
As far as i know there is now Boot cd for PS2 , could happen in some months . But GEO if you find a working one tell me . Oh and good luck

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by GEO
I would like to know your opinious about a post i saw in some site somewhere around the net...It clamed that they had a ps2 boot cd that enables you to play backup cds without any modchip, BTW, they also had one for the ps1....I ask to the ngemu community..is this possible????
The way the system works, this is not possible. If indeed the bootcd was recognized by the ps2, it would have to be a factory pressed disc, like the ps1 boot cd they sell.
secondly, it must be able to eject the system tray without alerting the hardware. this is not possible via software. this is how many of the "swap tricks" work, but all of them still require viable software to swap from.
so anything you hear about a ps2 boot cd is definitely a fake, along with most ps2 emulators. if you try to burn whatever it is you got, i guarantee you will have a coaster.

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
I heard of the swap tricks and seen a video on it. If u aint a pro dont do it. You gotta break(open) up the ps2 system and let it run naked. Run the cd and swap it really quick. Thats really bad and who would actually do that? The guy who showed the demo was a d*** @$*. :)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Well i found ou there is a parcial boot cd but just for the DVD's , and here is what it does :

"PS2 DVD REGION X:
The perfect multiregion DVD non-modchip solution for all PAL PS2 users!
Just plug in the cartridge and play import DVD Movies - Watch US DVD Movies on your EURO PS2!
Lets you play Import DVD movies on your PAL PS2 console. No modifications to your console are needed.
Simply plug into either memory card slot, load the Region X CD - and Play!
Plays PAL and NTSC Movies
Play Region 1 & 2 DVD Movies
Plays films with RCE Protection ! "

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
If you want to play imports on PS2,just install a messiah.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.