Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i was just wondering if a PS2 can read VCDs. Of course it can play DVDs, but just wonderin bout VCDs. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
The playstation had an adapter you could buy to play vcds. Who knows maybe someone will make one for the ps2 (although its more likely that it would be for DiVX)

C

·
0 Posts
Many movie codecs are attempting to be ported to PS2, and I sincerely doubt any of them will be in a dongle.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
there is a way to convert avi's to ps2 movie format, burn it, and have it play on a ps2.
when i last saw this, it was severly limited and required you to have developer tools/software. This means that being able to do this was illegal unless you were a liscensed developer for the ps2.
so just letting you know, there is a way to do it.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
WOW!!!!!
BGnome!!!!!!
Finally back!
It's been a long time m8!
Nice to see you back;)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
thx for the warm welcome raz.
ill be back in school in a couple weeks and have more time to sit in front of my comp with a decent speed.
until then, ill be around just a bit.. ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
a freind of mine told me once that it didnt play vcd's
and the dvd's playing quite crappy
but the question is is there any solution for that , software maybe
or any thing else ?
for those whose concerned about the dreamcast and playing vcd's
i got a cd that works as a key cd for playing vcd's (that means insert the cd , boot , take out the cd , insert your video cd and run) , better than the old way ( burning some files with the mpg data of the movie on a new cd to be able to run it on the DC).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts