Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm confuse again :confused: (well as always ;) )

the war against Ps2 and Xbox is becoming intense
the thing that confuse me is that w/c cpu is faster the 733 of Xbox or the of 300 MHz Ps2

some says that Xbox win some says Ps2.... :confused:

what type of cpu thus ps2 use i know Xbox it uses p3 733 CISC x86 CPU

then were thus xbox excel is it the video card or processor?

and what the use of Emotion Engine of PS2?

I like to hear your Point of View guys ;)

thanks

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Who cares what system has the better hardware? It's the system with the better games that is important. In that regard, the only thing Xbox has going for it is Dead or Alive 3 and a bunch of games that will also end up on the PC (big whoop). Without adequate Japanese support, Xbox will die a hideous death. Even hundreds of millions of advertising dollars can't glorify an expensive doorstop.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
Who cares what system has the better hardware? It's the system with the better games that is important. In that regard, the only thing Xbox has going for it is Dead or Alive 3 and a bunch of games that will also end up on the PC (big whoop).

uhm..no, Microsoft seems to make sure that won't happen.

Without adequate Japanese support, Xbox will die a hideous death. Even hundreds of millions of advertising dollars can't glorify an expensive doorstop.
Only DOA3, Project Gotham Racing and Air Force Delta Storm look interesting.

All of them had prequels on the DC btw... :p

History repeats itself...bad sign for xbox
;)

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey metal gear and omnimusha will be release in xbox too

but is there any RPG? like FF series or Tales of Destiny

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> but is there any RPG? like FF series or Tales of Destiny

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (which will be on PC) and an online RPG. You might note that list includes no Japanese developers.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thus this american can compete w/ the Pro?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I agree with Ryos.Who care about hardware it will useless if no any software support it.In local board I found many question like this
Xbox VS PS2 VS Gamecube or something like this.
Boring to answer it now :eyes:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
If anyone cares...

This is going to be kinda long so I don't expect you guys to read it all, but anyway here's some of my opinions.

I've been taking a class on how to make levels in video games(mostly UT) and my teacher has personally played quite a few games on the Xbox at E3. I'm not going to try to tell you his opinions because they're not my own, but I'll tell you he's definitely planning to buy an Xbox(BTW he already has a PS2 which he plays quite often).

I'm not good at comparing hardware either because I don't know what half the stuff does, but from the games I've seen on PS2(I work at a video store so I've rented alot of games) and the videos I've seen of games on Xbox: there's just something about the games on Xbox that looks better than PS2 games.

For example the game Cel Damage that's coming out for Xbox. I mean have you seen this game? It's rediculous! Its a car game kinda like Twisted Metal except graphics look just like a cartoon. Now you may be thinking its easy to make a game that looks cartoonish, but just wait till you see the game. The designers of Cel Damage use a shading technique called Cell Shading which is the same technique used in the opening credits of Futurama(Futurama's opening is all 3D rendered). Now Cell Shaders are actually a pretty considerable performance eater, but the Xbox seems to be handling it like a champ.

Another very impressive game for Xbox is Unreal Championship. I'm not even going to try to explain how amazing that game is. All I can say is that if you thing Halo is impressive you aint seen nothing yet. The thing about Halo is that its been in the production phase for about 2-3 years. In fact alot of the geometry being used in the level design is pretty easily done with the Unreal Tournament engine. Unreal Championship, however is going to be a cut above the rest.

So in summary I've seen quite a few impressive games on the PS2, but I think the games on Xbox will be better from a graphics point of view.
And to those who say that graphics don't matter its the fun factor of the games: I agree with you, but I must point out that alot of the fun in a game comes from how highly imersive the game is. I mean how much the game sucks you in. And the better the graphics are in the game the likely I am to get sucked in to it. Granted there could be games that look incredible graphically but arn't fun to play[*cough*(sports games)*cough* IMHO:)], but I'm just saying that if the game looks like crap it makes it that much harder to have fun plaing it.
Oh and BTW this is mostly my opinions and shouldn't necessarily be taken as fact.:D

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i really want xbox it got a potential

adair how about combining Good graphics good GAME!!! not just graphics not just good game...........

well the only thing that suite to it is XBOX good graphics(ohhh!! yeah) Good game(??????)

but some says that they dont even use the full capability of PS2

Xeven gave me a link the E E of ps2 and lots of its stuff is not yet being used at its 100% like the old PSX the new game is like magic good texture blah blah blah than the old one compare tekken1 or tekken2 to the new tekken 3

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Xbox will probably flop...GameCube on the other hand....
Just take a look at this shoot of Rogue Leader!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Holy fizzing sh|t.....................oh man.....................*drool*

*goes off to join the empire and kick some rebel butt........oh and to buy a gc with rl2*

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup nice it sucks BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D J/k its nice

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I've just played Rogue Leader at the mall today.
Everything I hoped for... It kicks ass! :love:
I also played Wave Race Blue Storm; arcade quality graphics :)

Didn't get a chance to try Luigi's Mansion tho, damn kids all over them :bash:
Looks great tho.

btw, I played Xbox's 4x4 Evolution 2 at an EB store the other day. Not bad. But as mentioned, I'll probably end up getting a PC version.

oops it's a little ot... back to topic: i agree with Ryos etc; screw the h/w specs, just look at which games you like.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Adair-

Straight from a few developer's mouths:

The PS2 can push more polys in the real world than the Xbox.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
strange considering that Ps2 Gpu has a lower clock speed and memory than the xbox

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bandwidth matters..

yah thats right thats the one that the sony is boasting in their console it has a 50+ while the xbox is only 12 if i remembered it right

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Originally posted by takwu
btw, I played Xbox's 4x4 Evolution 2 at an EB store the other day. Not bad. But as mentioned, I'll probably end up getting a PC version.
What do you mean probably? There IS already a PC version!

At any rate, I think a lot of PC games will have an X-Box version, and vise-versa. With that in mind I think the X-Box will be fairly successful. It doesn't matter if they get Japanese developer support or not, the PC already has a huge developer base.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
> At any rate, I think a lot of PC games will have an X-Box version.
nope, more like the opposite is going to happen.. especially during the first few years of the X-box..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts