Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I used to create some great music on PS1 "Music" game & make some great audio CDs.
Now I want to do the same using the original disc and my new PC.
I understand it is possible, but I need an emulator & something to do with BIOS.
Fine - will my PC be able to read the Playstation disc? Will adding the BIOS to my PC affect playing/burning 'normal' CDs or DVDs? Can I control the 'game' using my PCs mouse & keyboard, or will I need a Playstation controller?
ANY help will be gratefully received, as I am now in a creative mood and want to start again.
Thanks in advance.
Ian

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi, you there. Yes you can. But you need an Emulator, your game disc needs to be converted into an Iso format. ( Bin / Cue it's ok )
.... The Bios files are only for the game booting, and the Emulator needs these Bios files for booting for the game(s)

As for the recording process. I never done this. But, it looks like that inside at the Sound Plugins for the emulator, got a some options for the recording sounding wise courses. But i totally ignore if they can bring you a much better qualities for those future audio samples. Maybe they can bring you the 44,100 kbps 16-bit Wav file sound quality for a better sounding for your recordings. But it looks like that you got on to invest some time, on try configuring and on trying finding out at how it's gonna works for you.

And of course, for the last. To have an Audio Handler program ( Adobe Audition, Acid Pro, WaveLab, etc, etc ) for on to make your own editing cuttings, dealing for more at your audios, and so on.

.... It looks interesting your future project.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I used to create some great music on PS1 "Music" game & make some great audio CDs.
Now I want to do the same using the original disc and my new PC.
I understand it is possible, but I need an emulator & something to do with BIOS.
Fine - will my PC be able to read the Playstation disc? Will adding the BIOS to my PC affect playing/burning 'normal' CDs or DVDs? Can I control the 'game' using my PCs mouse & keyboard, or will I need a Playstation controller?
ANY help will be gratefully received, as I am now in a creative mood and want to start again.
Thanks in advance.
Ian
If you install the emulator, and one of the cd dvd plugins, you only need to put in the disc and it will read it and boot up the game. This is true for PS1, and PS2 emulators. No need to convert anything. The problems start with Dreamcast. Their discs will never work on PC, so they needed to be converted. For a PS1 game just get a PSXE it'll work fine. Your PC drives or anything else is not affected, it all happens in the emulator program.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks drakonolus & dodesskiy.

Everyone seems to think that the emulator epsxe is the one to use. And converting it to bin/cue? Erm ....

When you say "one of the cd dvd plugins", what does that mean? Sorry, I am totally new to all of this stuff & want to get it right!

Is there an 'idiot guide' from start to finish about this anywhere, or shall I just keep searching for "how to ..." on the internet?

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts