Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a first time poster and new to this emulator.

For some reason every time I download PS1 roms, they show up as Snes9x roms. Now when I try and load one, EPSXE crashes and wont load the game.
Is there anyone else out there had this happen? And if so, how did you fix the problem?
And if no one has encountered this problem, any ideas why this is happening?

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, I couldn't figure out the best place to post this.
Thanks!

·
Am I real?
529 Posts
Downloading and talking about roms is against the ToS rules for the forums and we can give no help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not talking about where to get them or providing links. I'm just talking about a problem I'm having with the emulator having to do with roms. I don't see how I'm breaking any rules!
Nowhere did it say I could not say the word rom.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
Hi Fuszion! Welcome to the forums :)

The problem wasn't saying the word "rom" but saying you downloaded them; on this forum we try to help people who legimately acquired their games, or at the very least we don't talk about the fact we may have downloaded them illegally.

oh well, I'm gonna ignore all that and just assume you downloaded perfectly legal "roms". ;)

First off, they're probably not roms. A PlayStation runs cd's , not roms, so typically you would be searching for CD's or CD images (ISO's). If they're really roms then they're most likely not for PlayStation.

If they show up as "snes 9x" roms, you probably associated a file type with that particular emulator.

The first thing we need to know is what kind of file format you are actually trying to run with ePSXe. I believe it runs .ISO (and cue/bin) files out of the box. Other types might need a bit more work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the response. I totally get what your saying now about DLing.
I legally own all of my games.

Now I did fix the problem, kinda. My PS1 games are Bins. I stopped my PC from seeing them as Snes9x files. But I still have the same problem with epsxe crashing.
I'm using the same copies of my bins on my Nvidia Shield Android version of epsxe, and they work great! I'm only having this problem with the PC version.
I have the bios working unless I'm not supposed to use the same bios that I used on my Shield.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
I think the same BIOS should work, but you could try a different one just in case.
Does ePSXe start when you just run the BIOS?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried a different bios. When you say "Does ePSXe start when you just run the BIOS?" Do you mean does the program start up? Yes it does. When I went under file, I hit "Run Bios" it told me the setup wasn't done and to go to config. I went to config clicked on bios and selected one. Then I went back to file run bios and it now says "CDrom not found". then crashes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK. I finally got ePSXe working! Thank you for your help :)

I was hoping you could help me with another problem?
Some games I have are in multiple Bin files. Now that doesn't stop me from being able to play the game, but the music that is supposed to be playing while you play the game isn't working.
Why is that? How do I fix it? Do I have to compile all the files together? And if so, how?
If you cant or just don't want to help me with this one, I totally understand!
Thanks a bunch! :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
The games with multiple tracks that I backup using the redump.org method I archive as they are but for gaming I mount the same image in Alcohol/DAEMON tools and make a new single image with ImgBurn. I hope I didn't confuse you now.. This way I get a good copy for archiving purposes and one with all the tracks working as they're supposed to when loaded as ISO in ePSXe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The games with multiple tracks that I backup using the redump.org method I archive as they are but for gaming I mount the same image in Alcohol/DAEMON tools and make a new single image with ImgBurn. I hope I didn't confuse you now.. This way I get a good copy for archiving purposes and one with all the tracks working as they're supposed to when loaded as ISO in ePSXe.
You completely lost me. But thank you for trying!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I make backups of my games following the redump.org guide and this results in backups with multiple tracks for some games, as in your case. This backup I use for archiving as it's supposed to be a "perfect" image of the CD.

So now that I have this multi-track backup, I mount the .cue file in Alcohol 52% (or whatever you prefer). Then I create a new single-file image from that. For creating the new image I use ImgBurn. You could do this straight from the CD but if you already have the backups on your HDD, it's much faster to create a new image from the previous image.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the response. I totally get what your saying now about DLing.
I legally own all of my games.

Now I did fix the problem, kinda. My PS1 games are Bins. I stopped my PC from seeing them as Snes9x files. But I still have the same problem with epsxe crashing.
I'm using the same copies of my bins on my Nvidia Shield Android version of epsxe, and they work great! I'm only having this problem with the PC version.
I have the bios working unless I'm not supposed to use the same bios that I used on my Shield.
How did you stop your PC from seeing the files as Snes9x files?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts