Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get vibration working with Duckstation and my PS1 Dualshock controller. The controller correctly rumbles in Control Panel "set up USB game controllers", and even correctly rumbles in Dolphin emulator, but with Duckstation: all buttons and sticks work as expected, but there is no vibration at all. Tested with Metal Gear Solid (USA) (has vibration test in settings menu). I tried changing "Controller Backend" from SDL to DInput and Xinput, but that just stops all buttons and sticks being recognized.

Win10 + "blue triangle" USB adapter + PS1 Dualshock controller + Duckstation QT 0.1-4901-g1d9075fa (dev).

My settings:
Screenshot Font Software Multimedia Electronic device

Font Screenshot Electronic device Software Multimedia

·
Not a Registered User
1,556 Posts
If it works with Dolphins then there's no reason for it not to work with Ducks.
Switch to xinput backend then manually rebind the controls, on "Rumble" just press any button on the pad.

·
Not a Registered User
1,556 Posts
Sorry to say but your'e just out of luck, your pad or the USB dongle only really supports Dinput which Duckstation has only basic support for no vibrations as far I can tell.
Old emulators like ePSXe or in your case Dolphin have full Dinput support, as you can see with the third picture you posted.
I can only guess that Stenzek the dev didn't implement full Dinput support cause it's a very old and non standard input, meaning different pads can have different configurations for their motors, therefore the many settings for it as in the third pic you posted.
Xinput or SDL on the other had are standardized meaning they work with every modern pad that supports siad input.

You could try replacing the USB dongle, thou I dunno if that will help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts