Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The staff were fired before this game could be finished off properly and as a result there are some annoying bugs. The most major one is very early on in the game, when you get your claw ability you have to pounce on a blackwatch guard to proceed, except the game doesn't let you progress beyond that point. To fix it, you have to set the affinity for prototype2.exe to only use 1 core, restart the mission, get to that point and play on. Very annoying. I haven't got much further but I'm sure there will be more bugs. Curse you Activision!

Still, the game is pretty fun, but so far hasn't done much to progress over the previous title, besides the main guy being black. Mission structure is virtually identical. A bit disappointing.

The game does not let you go beyond 1920x1200 by default, to get it to run natively at 2560x1440 I had to enable a code line in the steam launcher to set the right resolution and it seems to work. The game looks okay, models are pretty simple and the textures are really mixed. Lighting feels a bit incomplete, but with so much action going on and this being a multi-platform title its understandable.

Happily the cutscenes are very good quality. Great bit-rate and not many signs of horrible compression, at this resolution they are very watchable.

Overall the game runs smooth on my 760, but I eventually had to use a controller. The mouse is horrendously handled, jerky with vsync on and off and is very unplayable. Thankfully the game is fully compatible with Xbox 360 controllers.

Full Gallery: http://min.us/mOomZrgIdhGc4

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Still affinity issues in this day and age? that's crazy, I thought we left those behind after 2009...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
We won't, at least not anytime soon, cuz Bobby Kotick pulled a Finite Ward/Bizarre Creations on them.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first one was kinda boring.

This game didn't sell good enough, maybe we will never see another Prototype
I just want the devs to come back and do a Hulk: Ultimate Destruction HD, or PC release.

That game was so good, so much of it is present in Prototype, but the dumb scenario in Prototype 1 and 2 makes the action all the more stupid. Having Hulk run around, smashing **** willy nilly, kicking things (and people!).

The best thing you could do was pick up innocent people, run to the top of a building, put them down, pat them on the head gently, then watch as they run in fear off the edge to their inevitable death. Game was hilarious and almost perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts