Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All :

I am planning to buy a rare Projection T.V. I have seen a used system at a shop in my locality. Its not covered under warranty and its SONY KPR 5300M series. I would like to discuss you guys have anyone used the set and any useful tips they can give me regarding its purchase. Like what to check thorouglhy as well as any other issues.

Further I also would like to know that when this set has been introduced I mean which year ?

And further any ideas for the Price in US $ (To get an Idea to buy). (Remember its used piece)

Please Please do reply me in very very good detail as its very important for me to take any quick decission.

Best Regards

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I understand it's used so it may be a good deal and all, but depending on what type of projection whether it be regular or LCD, used may not be the best option. Regular ones need bulb replacing quite often, so the life of the bulb in there may be very short lived when you get it. Also since I couldn't find any info about it, who knows if they still make replacement parts for it? If it is a regular projection TV, I probably wouldn't get it. Just the fact that new models are HDTV Ready and also have improved in picture quality somewhat is worth the extra $$$ IMO. Plus in all honesty, regular projection TV's sell for a fairly decent price. It it is LCD, than the technology is probably fairly new and most likely supports HDTV so that wuld be a god buy, but I'm thinking this isn't the case because I can't find any info on it, and usualy you can find things from at least 5 years back.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi, if you can afford to get and LCD projector get one and dont bother with the projection TV they are a pain in the a**, if you still want to get a projection TV ask the dealer to put side by side A projection TV and a regular SONY 29in TV preferably a WEGA then compare the image ( ask the dealer to play a DVD ) and decide for yourself if the big screen it gives is really worth it, if the dealer can also provide an LCD projector for comparison much the better. good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts