Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just registered now to ask about what is wrong with my Project64 emulator / laptop.
I'm trying to run Zelda Majora's Mask on PJ64 1.6, but whenever i open PJ64 with the Zabo's Direct 3D6 1.5.2 or Zabo's 3D8 1.6 graphic plugins i get these errors:

Then i downloaded the Glide64 "napalm" public release 1.0 graphics plugin, which doesn't give me any errors on start-up but crashes when i try to emulate.

I'm on a Compaq Presario CQ60 310EQ with Vista Ultimate SP1
The Nvidia website scan for products says i have this:

And on the cardboard box my laptop came in it says i have:
Nvidia GeForce 8200M G with shared graphics memory.

I also downloaded and installed DirectX last night, which still didn't help.

This laptop is not old, i bought new a few week ago. I'm also no stranger to PJ64, i've had it running on my old PC.

Any help?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Where have you been for the last 11+ years? All nVidia cards ever put into production support some level of DirectX and Direct3D.

The reason it's not working for you is because the default windows driver for "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" is a very generalized graphics driver that exists as a fail safe when a proper video driver is not available and it supports no graphics acceleration whatsoever.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
its a VGA/2D only driver.

Vendor specific drivers enable 3D features.

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,421 Posts
Use Glide64 WX Napalm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.