Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently broke out my old N64 to find out half my old cartridges like to freeze up on me, and my controllers barely function, so I figured why not use Project64 instead. I'm on a mac running OS X 10.5 and I've installed Project64 using Crossover Games. The emulator runs perfectly BUT it will not recognize my logitech dual action USB controller. I have located the windows drivers for the controller and installed them to the same "bottle" as Project64, but it still isn't recognized. I just want to play Ocarina of Time :cry:. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was using sixtyforce until I found out I have to pay for the full program before I can save. I don't want to drop $17 on something I should be able to get for free.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
uh, wut?

sixtyforce | Download

SixtyForce is free, You can't charge for an emulator without getting your arse sued to hell.

Its also a fact, that the Mupen Devs would burn, kill and mame those lame apple devs for hosting a modifaction of the mupen hle core.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From sixtyforce | Release notes 0.8.5
Game saving --

Games will be autosaved just as they would on the real system. This includes game saves that are stored on the game cartridge, as well as controller memory packs. These autosaved games are stored in the 'sixtyforce' folder in your user 'Application Support' folder.

You may save game freezes from the file menu when the emulator is paused. A game freeze isn't like a normal game save -- it's more like a paused version of a game that you can unpause anytime.

If you restore a game freeze, autosaving will be disabled until you load a new cartridge. This happens because if it didn't, every time you opened a game freeze it would autosave over your last autosaved game. This would suck.

Note: Game autosaving and freezing are only available to registered users.
I've also tried a version of Mupen that has been ported to Mac, but it cannot emulate sound and only runs a VERY small amount of games.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'll report that to the mupen devs then, they prefer not to associate parts of their code with any project that charges to unlock specifically required functions.

SixtyForce sounds like its programmed by ****tards anyway.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
You might try the mac builds of mupen64++

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts