Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you should know already, Cxbx has made some progress with Panzar Dragoon Orta. The game looks VERY glitchy but at least it works. I'm assuming everyone know this already, but Xeon is already making progress with Panzar. But I have a few questions about it. Does it go in game or does it crash when you try to start? And the intro movies, do they play ok or are they glitchy too?

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
mmm this is new news for me :)
i try it when i can find the old backup cd`s :)

mmm now i also looked at the website for the new download and see the new screenies..

if the textures will work. .then alot of nice stuff is going to be seen..
i also tried boxplorer.. there were also no textures displayed..
so then we can see amezing stuff :)

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Panzar Dragoon Orta display the menu. this is great news.
prehaps caustik can look at the xdk 4627. there is also problems with textures.
it can be tested very easy.
doomx display i the very first menu a texture of doom..
this is not displayed. prehaps it can be fixed the same way as Panzar Dragoon Orta .

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
lol.. yust say its more of a compitition between those two.

damm. what did i say its a compition between those two.
_sf_ is alive :) he replies on the xeon forum.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Well the devs do work together you know. It's not a competition.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chrono Archangel said:
no :???:
hmm ePSXe ran FF7 then....PSXeven did...
i think we're on to something :???:
No, No, No Chrono Archangel, don't you see what he's trying to say? Wile is saying that everything that Xeon can do, Cxbx can do now, even though Xeon is closed source. ;)

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
mmm xeon can boot halo.. cxbx can.
xeon can boot dragon orta ... cxbx can.

now i`m playing with the sources i can imagion why has been choosen to develop for these games.

why not code for a game that has already be proven to run.
so its say that its possible and not with complete kernels..

its very hard to programm this kind of code. i have seen it now with my own eyes.
and get more respect every day for caustik :)

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
blueshogun96 said:
No, No, No Chrono Archangel, don't you see what he's trying to say? Wile is saying that everything that Xeon can do, Cxbx can do now, even though Xeon is closed source. ;)
if so, you got to admit that it didnt look like that :p
nway

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Actually, _SF_ does not wish to work together on the projects. Panzer is running now on Cxbx simply because Turok's support lead way for 4627 XDK (which 4928 is very similar to). There is no code sharing between Xeon and Cxbx (although Cxbx is open source, so there is nothing preventing _SF_ from learning from it). It took very little to add support for Panzer and the only thing holding it back is a "Dirty disc" dialog which is likely traced back to a malfunction in FindFirstFileA, easy to fix when I next am able to work on it.

I have no interest in running Halo because it is already on PC. I wish to target primarily "only on Xbox" titles. I have gotten Halo to begin showing graphics but this is not a wise place to put my efforts. Panzer AFAIK is not yet "playable" on Xeon, as I define playable as full speed emulation with minimal glitches. I like the game and would like to be able to play it on my laptop, and it is one of the relatively few games I own, so I have decided to make it run.

Keep in mind that if somebody wishes to get a particular game running, I am here to help them learn how to develop for Cxbx and make that happen. Unfortunately, some people only like complaining to me instead of learning for themselves.

proger - you cant just "reconstruct xeon using IDA" - if this were true I wouldn't have reason nor the morals to do it anyway.

caustik

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
i`m trying to learn how to develop for 3911 :)
Airforce delta storm is the game i wanne make playable.

maybe you can help me with the logging..
i`m now at work. so can post it when i`m back home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is going to be a really dumb question and I'm very sorry.
But why does it cause so many problems because of what XDK is used?
When you compile with a different XDK are all the call address to different functions completely different?

If this is the case, have you thought of a different way to get these call addresses?

Could we not come up with program that could be compiled on different XDK and get the info that way?
I would think it would be a big problem the parameters for the call change.
And when the MS add extra functions.
Oh hang-on now I see the problem, this becomes a bit of a mess.

I still think it would be possible to get some of the stuff this way?

jippie

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
its very simple. every xdk version got its own functions.
some functions are the same during a set of xdk versions. so there you reuse the code. thats also what happening in the HLed inl. files. so for DSound for example lots of code is be traced back to the first xdk version where the function has been introduced.

but in newer versions of xdk functions are improved or changed so there you need to build a new function or improved version of the function.

Thats why cxbx has different inl files for each kind of xdk.
xdk versions who are close to each other can use a lot of the same functions with minor changes where the xdk is difference.

thats also why Panzer dragon has improved to display stuff. the xdk of turok is verry close of that of Panzer dragon. only some funcions has been changed in the xdk versions and new stuff has been introduced.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
caustik said:
Turok's support lead way for 4627 XDK (which 4928 is very similar to).
So does this mean that it is possible to run some 4928 games like unreal championship?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.