Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sir caustik :bow: , I don't mean any disrespect by asking you such a question in a public post, but what's going on with NBA Jam 2004 and Antz extreme racing? Any progress lately?

By the way, if you're interested, I (sorta) found the problem with Bad Boys 2. EmuIDirect3DDevice8::SetStreamSource is not getting any reference to the VertexBuffer, therefore causing it to crash. I have no idea how hard it will be to fix it, but i'm sure it can be done. If you want I'll send debug info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
man, it would be pimp if Burnout 3 worked....
ah, just dreaming.

btw - im new to the site and know next to nothing about programming, but i will be glad to help help in any other way.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
blueshowgun96 - thanks for the work on tracking down BB2 crash - unfortunately I dont have this game so I cant try it :[

caustik

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
macsrpoo77 said:
man, it would be pimp if Burnout 3 worked....
ah, just dreaming.

btw - im new to the site and know next to nothing about programming, but i will be glad to help help in any other way.
I actually tried Burnout 3 too :(

By the way, if you want to help but can't program, go to the homepage and go to the donate button. I'd do it but I STILL can't get a new job. There was a factory that was going to hire me on the spot, but the hours won't fit my college courses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you know if EA games (or any other group) have any build similarities, because if so, it may make sense to start working on their compatibility. Kill a bunch of birds with one stone =/

Yeah, I know it's just wishful thinking again. I'm going to start looking into this stuff one of these days... For now I'll go back to my n64 games.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Unfortunatelly M$ has to sign each xbe file with a key and in this process they test the game to have special requirements met. For example they expect one of the latest 3/4 xdks to be used for that xbe, so we have to support all xdks. No matter what kind of programming EA uses. Only the general 3D stuff is similar in some games. I think they have also different development teams for each game/set of games, so you can't expect all of them to write the same kind of code. As far as I know they have surely a document which tells general stuff only. (e.g. to use C/C++, etc)

So we need support for the xdks.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kingofc said:
Unfortunatelly M$ has to sign each xbe file with a key and in this process they test the game to have special requirements met. For example they expect one of the latest 3/4 xdks to be used for that xbe, so we have to support all xdks. No matter what kind of programming EA uses. Only the general 3D stuff is similar in some games. I think they have also different development teams for each game/set of games, so you can't expect all of them to write the same kind of code. As far as I know they have surely a document which tells general stuff only. (e.g. to use C/C++, etc)

So we need support for the xdks.
Kingofc is right.

But if you still want to know which games are compatible with Cxbx, download a copy of shadow_tj's xdk tracker. It will tell you.
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55441

1 - 9 of 9 Posts