Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya!

I've made a program which will hopefully help out those not wanting to dig into the registry to configure Iori's Plugin!

Its extreamly Low-Maintenence! It just gets the settings from the registry dynamically, so Iori can add settings all he wants and the program wont need updating :)

Iori can also, if he wishes include a reg file to just add the help to the program! once again without needing the program to be modified!

Heres the readme bits included....

Installation
--
-Double click on help.reg, this will insert the help for the settings
-You also need the VB6 Runtimes to run this, if you can use Null2's plugin then this shouldn't be a problem!

Running
--
-Double Click on IoriCfg.exe
-You can leave the defaults as the are for configuring Iori's SPU but it means you can configure other plugins using it!
-Click "Get Current Config", this will bring up all the settings for the requested registry settings!
-Change values to what you like, and Click the Help button for info on the value!
-When done, just click Write Config, and this will put the settings back in the registry for you!
-Click Close to exit!
-Enjoy Iori's Plugin :)

Source is included for those who are curious as to how it works! but uncommented!

and just a short Disclaimer/Legal bits...
Product is unsupported yada yada yada
You use it at your own risk blah blah blah
IT CANNOT BE SOLD! (not that I can see it making much money anyway :))
and last but not least...
Dont Distribute it with the PSX BIOS or any other file that is deemed Illegal!

There :) Enjoy

and I'd welcome any comments regarding it!

Cheers

Ben

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! :)

I think Bobbi will find it here anyway! his mailbox probably gets bombarded enough! :rolleyes:

As for the GUI! well I like a basic interface, more extra controls = more extra downloads = more problems :) sadly thats the way it is with VB! but anyone with some vb knowledge is welcome to change the GUI to something "interesting" :D

·
Emu author
1,488 Posts
Nice configurator.. it's cool that people are willing to help where they can.. and it's cool that Iori's great SPU is getting attention, heheh :D Have you e-mailed him/her about doing a "real" configurator?

- Exophase

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Originally posted by Exophase
Nice configurator.. it's cool that people are willing to help where they can.. and it's cool that Iori's great SPU is getting attention, heheh :D Have you e-mailed him/her about doing a "real" configurator?

- Exophase
Nah, a real one would most likely mean I'd need his source, which I know most authors do not like giving out to "anyone"! oh, and its a crossover between programming languages, SPU: C++, config program: VB

Iori, if he wanted to can just say this is required in the ePSXe/AdriPSX/FPSE directory and do a ShellExecute to run it!

Just as a note for a "good" config with Iori's plugin, I've set both buffersizes to 80, and HighResolutionMode to 1!
It might be an overkill but the sound isn't jumpy! and you can hardly notice the lag!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts