·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I tryed to google with no luck.

here is my problem. :hdbash:

after i build my pc this summer, I was happy with it for like 2 mounth...,
But after that my pc started to crash after playing for like 1 hour, some times after 3 hours..., games at highst or lowest res and 3d settings.

It just Crash ... The pic Just freez and i cant do nothing, Just restart my pc from restart button.

I checked my Ram with memtest and got no errors, and also my pc never crash when i useing it normally(encoding videos...useing windows normal)...

I think its the Graphic card or the mobo...dont know...

My drivers is at lastest, Mobo is updated at lastest stable release., I tryed to reinstall windows, and it just the same.

My system Specs:

GPU: Asus GeForce 7800GTX 256MB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2GHz
Ram:2 GB Corsair Value S PC3200 DDR-DIMM, Unbuffered
Mobo: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
PSU:Thermaltake Silent Purepower 680W, 20/24pin
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 160 Gb

GPU temp idle is 50c (never hit 85c)
Cpu idle tem : 32c
mobo idle tem: 35c
HDD tem: 32c

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
if the screen just freezes i suspect it may be the video card,are there any marks on the screen when it freezes too?

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
You can try Prime 95 stress test, it can test your CPU, maximum heat (PSU), and ram, so you'll know if those components that are causing the problem and probably single out your gfx card if the test makes your pc freeze or you pass it.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
If you want to stress the video card to see if it is the problem, run test 4 in 3DMark 2001. For some reason, it gets video cards very hot. Disable all of the other tests then have the program repeat the test 30 or so times (don't use the looping checkbox). If it's related to heat, the card should start having problems about 5 passes in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.