Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a new game using DesMuMe
It starts fine, I click start, It asks for a name.
No matter what I write, I will not recognize the letter and gives a "?"
I tried to start with the name "?" when giving up on writing, but it won't let me
Anyone know what's going on?

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
this is a little hard to believe. do you see it scrawl what you write in black ink as you draw it?

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
thats bizarre. i cant explain it. can you tell me what game code you have? I cant make it do a ? no matter what i scribble.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Try redumping the game, because I think that it's a bad dump. :D

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi to all in that game and in the Diabolical Box I have a problem of layers... when you start a puzzle the write "Touch" in a blinking blu must be the first layer but it is somewhere between the other because in some puzzles you can see it half hidden. I think the same problem may be the arrows on the screen (that don't appears) when you hit the shoe to move from a position to another. anyone that problem too? I try a serch but no results. Thanks

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Desmume can take screenshots from the emulator itself. ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Desmume can take screenshots from the emulator itself. ;)
here. As you can see at the beginning (first image) they teach how to move: click the shoe and a yellow arrow is shown (second image). After click on the shoe nothing on the screen in the circle (picture 3).

For the other problem see picture 4. In the center of the touch screen the word "TOUCH" is half hidden.

Hope to have an help from the Devs.... and glad to contribute (I hope) to the perfect emulation of this console. Thanks

I cut the screenshots to focus the interested part..... (before someone ask.....)

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
congratulations, you have run into the #1 most frequently asked question about desmume: "why are graphics missing", which is solved by -- well, youll have to read the faq to learn more.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Try using SoftRastizer render (more faster than OpenGL), or else OpenGL. ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
congratulations, you have run into the #1 most frequently asked question about desmume: "why are graphics missing", which is solved by -- well, youll have to read the faq to learn more.
Sorry it wasn't my intention to offend anyone... I think that problem was about that game only. And I know all the hard effort to create an emulator. I have tried to search about that game and I found nothing. I haven't read the FAQ. Sorry again. I'll do a more accurate search next time.

Confirm that softrasterize correct the problem.

Desmume is a great piece of software and thank again to all the developers.

Try using SoftRastizer render (more faster than OpenGL), or else OpenGL. ;)
I try and yes problem solved. tks. I don't imagine that a SoftRastizer is more fast than OpenGL. Good to know. thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.