Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know the difference between a game not working and the program not working? I was trying to test it out with this skating game, and it didn't work. I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm only going to play Tekken 3 on it, and they say that does work with it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well you may just have to ask a specific question on these boards to find whether its the emu or you game. Tell us exactly what happens, what you've tried to do about it, what your hardware specs are, and what plugins you've tried using along with their configs. Heheh, you probably don't have to include all that info, but give us enough so we know what your dealing with.

As for Tekken 3 there's a special game fix that you need to enable called "short DMA chain"(this may have a different name if your using lewpy's plugin). which is a workaround for a pause that occurs after each fight. You can find it in your plugin config.

Oh and welcome to the boards. You live in Memphis? I live in Nashville. You're the second Tennesseean I've seen on this forum, but the other guy lives near Chattanooga.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I actually don't have Tekken 3 yet. I'm going next door to get it from my cousin when he gets home

I have a Compaq Presario 7462
AMD k6-3 500Mhz
64 MB RAM
Video: VIA Trident/Blade 3d 16 MB
Sound: ESS Allegro

When I try to run the skating game, it says "try -nosound" When I try running it without sound, it gives me a black screen when I either click on "run bios" or "run CD-rom" then the whole program closes. I think the CD-rom did work though I guess I should have tried the other bios before I gave the game back.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The recommended bios are scph1001 and scph7502. And dtlh3002 also works perfectly for me. I don't think you'll see any difference in those three bios.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was finally able to pause the Dos screen to see the error it was giving me

EPSX: Opcode [13-4f44213c] in PC [bfc00000] not implemented [00000000:000:0]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts